- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)45
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)6
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- Law firm requests information about Cape's traffic cameras (04/25/16)2
- Local lawmakers split over failed medical marijuana bill; voters may have a say (04/26/16)19
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)36
- Tanker truck catches fire near Oak Ridge (04/24/16)7
- Local company makes eco-friendly kitty litter that cuts cat-box smell (04/25/16)
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
Diebold - 50 Years
KELSO, Mo. -- Calvin G. and Evelyn Diebold of Kelso celebrated their 50th wedding anniversary with a surprise dinner Aug. 7, 2010, at Kelso City Hall. The event was hosted by their children.
The couple was married Aug. 13, 1960, at St. Ambrose Church in Chaffee, Mo., by Monsignor William Stanton.
Attendants present were Morrell Diebold, Joyce Welter and Marilyn Dohogne of Cape Girardeau, James Sater of St. Charles, Mo., Edward and Doris Balsmann of Old Appleton. Attendants now deceased were Gerald (Chabby) Diebold, Terry Diebold, and Virginia Blattel.
The Diebolds have five children, Debbie (Dru) Wright, Becky (Dale) Kluesner, Liz (Eddie) Martin, Theresa (Ryan) LeGrand of Scott City, and Mitch (Holly) Diebold of Cape Girardeau. They have 13 grandchildren and six great-grandchildren.
Diebold is retired from Cotton Belt Southern Pacific Railroad.