- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)45
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)6
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- Law firm requests information about Cape's traffic cameras (04/25/16)2
- Local lawmakers split over failed medical marijuana bill; voters may have a say (04/26/16)19
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)35
- Tanker truck catches fire near Oak Ridge (04/24/16)7
- Local company makes eco-friendly kitty litter that cuts cat-box smell (04/25/16)
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
Thursday accident sends Whitewater man to hospital
A Whitewater man received moderate injuries in a three-vehicle accident Thursday at 5:25 p.m. at the intersection of Highway 34 and Route U in Cape Girardeau County. According to the Missouri State Highway Patrol, Stanley E. Lanpher, 51, was traveling west when he turned left in front of Jonathan C. Goodpasture, 38, of Cape Girardeau. Lanpher was struck by Goodpasture, then by Jeremy R. Lingle, 33, of Burfordville, who was traveling behind Lanpher.
Lanpher was taken by ambulance to Saint Francis Medical Center in Cape Girardeau. He was not wearing a seat belt.
Goodpasture and Lingle were not injured in the accident. They were wearing seat belts.