- Cape teacher accused of assaulting student at football game (10/23/16)41
- Pedestrian killed during traffic collision on I-55 (10/23/16)9
- Scott County Sheriff Rick Walter faces challenge from criminal investigator Wes Drury (10/21/16)8
- Shooting injures two people in Cape early Tuesday (10/19/16)34
- 18-year-old killed in one-car crash Thursday morning (10/21/16)1
- Man arrested after dispute at school spurs brief lockdown (10/21/16)6
- 'I feel for them' (10/20/16)1
- Hundreds turn out for VintageNOW fundraiser (10/23/16)3
- Crews are working on the new Drury Hotel (10/21/16)4
- Benton man accused of statutory rape, selling pot (10/20/16)1
Alline I. Scherer, 86, of Cape Girardeau died Wednesday, Oct. 27, 2010, at the Lutheran Home.
She was born Nov. 26, 1923, in Charleston, Mo., to Henry and Rosalee Layton Scheffer. She and Paul J. Scherer Sr. were married Feb. 14, 1942, at Charleston.
Scherer was a cook at St. Vincent de Paul Grade School and a cashier at Child's IGA. She was a member of St. Vincent de Paul Catholic Church.
Survivors include her husband, Paul J. Scherer Sr. of Cape Girardeau; four sons, Paul J. "Peewee" (Linda) Scherer Jr. of St. Louis, Gary S. (Bonnie) Scherer and David W. (Beth) Scherer of Cape Girardeau, Ronald G. (Suzanne) Scherer of Fruitland; a daughter, Mary E. Scherer of Cape Girardeau; four grandchildren; and seven great-grandchildren.
She was preceded in death by her parents, seven brothers and six sisters.
The funeral will be at 2 p.m. today at St. Vincent's Church, with the Rev. David Hulshof officiating. Burial will be in St. Mary Cemetery.
Ford and Sons Funeral Home is in charge of arrangements.
Memorial contributions may be given to St. Vincent de Paul Parish Building Fund or Teen Challenge International Mid-America.
Online condolences may be made at www.fordandsonsfuneralhome.com.