- Woman's post about 'Back the Blue' sign in Jackson coffee shop prompts firing from nearby bar (8/15/17)11
- Scott City man dies in motorcycle crash near Millersville (8/13/17)
- Stoogefest headliner cancels, cites NAACP travel advisory in Missouri (8/15/17)2
- How to save a life: Lifeguards resuscitated young girl at Cape Splash (8/17/17)2
- Teen convicted of shooting area woman in 2015 (8/13/17)
- Man accused of making terror threats against dental office (8/13/17)
- Councilman: Scott City mayor, city administrator resigned (8/15/17)4
- Woman dies in house fire in Cape Girardeau County (8/16/17)
- Scott City school chief gets raise, while some teachers don't (8/17/17)6
- 'Love, not hate': Area residents gather to sing, talk about racial issues after violence in Charlottesville (8/14/17)89
Southeast Missouri State University will celebrate its homecoming this weekend with several special events.
The Copper Dome Society/Merit Award Recognition Dinner starts at 6:30 p.m. today at the Show Me Center.
The festivities begin at 7:30 a.m. Saturday with the All-Alumni Breakfast at the Alumni Center on Broadway. The 2010 Distinguished Service Award recipients, including Baseball Hall of Famer and former St. Louis Cardinals manager Whitey Herzog, will be honored.
The homecoming parade, with 150 plus entries, will be cartoon-inspired this year. The parade begins at 9:30 a.m. Herzog will serve as the parade marshal.
The Southeast football game against the University of Tennessee-Martin will be especially exciting given the success of the team this year. Southeast is now ranked No. 11 in both major Football Championship Subdivision polls released this week. Pregame tailgate parties will start at 11 a.m. and the game begins at 1 p.m.
The Southeast basketball team will scrimmage at 5 p.m. at the Show Me Center. Children will also have the opportunity for trick-or-treating.
The Diamond Club reception for alumni 70 years of age or older will take place at 4 p.m. in the John and Betty Glenn Convocation Center at the River Campus.
The weekend concludes with the Alpha Phi Alpha Alumni Dance at 7 p.m. in the Show Me Center.
For more information, call the Southeast Missouri University Foundation at 651-2332 or go to www.iAMsoutheast.com/homecoming.