- Cape businessman known for starting NARS dies at 49 (2/23/17)9
- Man shot by police ID'd; witness shares his side of story (2/17/17)31
- MSHP: McLendon shot in side; autopsy refutes witness account (2/19/17)23
- Apparent punch at girls basketball game propels lawmaker into action (2/21/17)4
- Business notebook: Owners ready to roll out the Barrel 131 (2/20/17)6
- Missouri bill would limit transgender school bathroom access (2/22/17)47
- Annual father-daughter dance provides some fun bonding time (2/19/17)1
- SoutheastHEALTH, Washington University School of Medicine announce collaboration (2/24/17)12
- City issues precautionary boil order near Arena Park (2/23/17)
- $22M bond issue would alter Jackson schools (2/22/17)12
Rick Vandeven is the best candidate
After watching the Missouri 8th District congressional debates, it is obvious there is only one candidate who is truly dedicated to peace, prosperity and the next generation: Rick Vandeven, Libertarian Party.
Rick has separated himself from the rest of the pack by courageously questioning issues such as the perpetual war on terror, the unsustainable welfare state and our antiquated immigration laws. He has distinguished himself from the other candidates in his support of the free market and defense of individual rights.
Rick is clearly not another populist pandering for votes. He has articulately presented positive solutions to problems such as the $13.5 trillion public debt, national security, scarce and unaffordable health care, unreasonable pollution, illegal immigration, corruption in campaign finance, excessive taxation, inflationary monetary policies of the Federal Reserve, unfair agricultural subsidies, an insolvent Social Security system, unfunded veterans' benefits and hot-button social issues like abortion and the rights of homosexuals.
Rick Vandeven would make a fine representative for this district, and I am proud to support him. Please join me in voting Rick Vandeven for U.S. Congress.
GREG TLAPEK, 1569 N. Cape Rock Drive, Cape Girardeau, MO 63701