- Golden Corral coming to Cape; may hire 100 workers (7/21/16)8
- Arrest warrants filed for six drug suspects in Cape (7/19/16)6
- Area groups working together to reintroduce elk in Missouri (7/18/16)1
- Suspect in downtown Cape shooting ID'd in court (7/20/16)2
- Prosecutor says shooting by state trooper was justified (7/24/16)14
- Pincksten's newest renovation project: 328 S. Spanish St. (7/17/16)6
- Trooper-involved homicide case rests in prosecutor's hands (7/17/16)15
- Hastings in Cape closing (7/22/16)5
- Jackson's former police dog euthanized Monday (7/21/16)1
- 'I want to see how far I can go' (7/21/16)2
Area digest 10/26/10
Collier shoots hole-in-one
Aaron Collier used a 6-iron to ace hole No. 8 at the Cape Jaycee Municipal Golf Course.
The hole was playing 161 yards.
Dan Rohrdanz, Shane Rhodes and Gary Vaught witnessed the shot.
Miller fires ace at Dalhousie
Rick Miller of Cape Girardeau carded his third career hole-in-one Saturday at Dalhousie Golf Club.
Miller used a 6-iron to ace No. 5, a par 3 playing 151 yards.
Witnesses were Cory Cissel, Cord Dombrowski and Jeff Patton.
Sanders, Morris win golf event
The team of Margaret Sanders and Kathy Morris took first place in the first flight at the Cape Girardeau Country Club's Women's Golf Association's ladies guest day tournament.
Vicki Long and Dana Underwood placed second, while Sharon McCune and Judi Brey were third.
Mary Jane Eftink and Linda Tewis won the second flight. Betty Roth and Brenda Vandenbrook were second and Susan Dry and Luanne Kiefner took third.
Carstens fires hole-in-one
Randy Carstens used an 8-iron to record an ace on hole No. 8 at the Cape Girardeau Country Club.
The hole was playing 135 yards.
Jerry Reppert witnessed the shot.
-- From staff reports