- Neelys Landing man shot, killed by highway patrol trooper after traffic stop (05/01/16)43
- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)49
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- Neighbors mystified over why man was killed by state trooper (05/03/16)20
- River Ridge Winery changes hands (05/02/16)
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)40
- 2016 All-Missourian Boys Basketball (04/29/16)
- Statement: Man says cops’ good work drove him to grow his own marijuana (05/01/16)1
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- 'American Pickers' visits Poplar Bluff (04/29/16)
Pauline Pixley, 75, of Delta passed away Sunday, Oct. 24, 2010, at her home.
She was born Aug. 3, 1935, in Knoxville, Ark., daughter of Pierce B. and Muriel Carter Burton.
Pauline and Rudy Dawn Ferrell were married July 29, 1958. To this union a daughter was born, Janet Marie. Rudy preceded her in death Nov. 27, 1961. Pauline later married Virgil Elvin Pixley July 7, 1963. He preceded her in death Oct. 2, 1993.
She was a member of Arbor General Baptist Church. She was an office manager with VIP Industries in Cape Girardeau before retiring. She loved St. Louis Cardinals baseball and the L.A. Lakers and looked forward to her annual trip to Reelfoot Lake, Tenn., for her birthday. She enjoyed playing Scrabble, visiting with friends and family, and loved taking road trips to anywhere.
Survivors include a daughter, Janet (Randall) Jackson of Cape Girardeau; three grandchildren, Derek and Erin Jackson of Cape Girardeau, Donna Uhrhan of Chaffee, Mo.; a great-grandson, Kaden Jackson; a sister, Jewel "Janie" Cox of Paducah, Ky.; a brother, Pierce Burton Jr. of Springfield, Mo.; a sister-in-law, Jeanette Pixley Voss of St. Louis; and many nieces, nephews and numerous beloved friends.
Visitation will be from 4 to 8 p.m. today at Morgan Funeral Home in Advance, Mo.
The funeral will be at 11 a.m. Wednesday at the chapel. The Rev. Kermit Patton will officiate with the Rev. Vyron Yount assisting. Burial will be in Garden of Memories in Sikeston, Mo.