- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)47
- Neelys Landing man shot, killed by highway patrol trooper after traffic stop (05/01/16)43
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)40
- 2016 All-Missourian Boys Basketball (04/29/16)
- Statement: Man says cops’ good work drove him to grow his own marijuana (05/01/16)1
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- River Ridge Winery changes hands (05/02/16)
Edna M. Smith, 90, of Cape Girardeau died Sunday, Oct. 24, 2010, at Southeast Missouri Hospital.
She was born Saturday, Dec. 20, 1919, in Lutesville, Mo., to Roy Lee and Christina Mansker Lincoln. She and Fletcher Smith were married Feb. 17, 1940, in Cape Girardeau.
She was devoted to her family and of the Baptist belief.
Survivors include three sons, Ronnie, Jerry and Dennis Smith of Cape Girardeau; three daughters, Linda Sanders and LaVonda Thurman of Jackson, Joyce McGee of Cape Girardeau; a sister, Bernice Hunter of Oregon; 21 grandchildren; 31 great-grandchildren; and two great-great-grandchildren.
She was preceded in death by her husband, parents, a son, two brothers and two sisters.
Friends may call from 4 to 8 p.m. today at Ford and Sons Sprigg Street Funeral Home.
The funeral will be at 11 a.m. Wednesday at the funeral home, with Roger Kiepe officiating. Burial will be in Lorimier Cemetery.
Memorial contributions may be given to Alzheimer's Association.
Online condolences may be made at www.fordandsonsfuneralhome.com.