- Jackson man to cast electoral vote for Trump; others trying to dissuade him (11/29/16)51
- Man killed by vehicle had been charged with domestic assault (11/30/16)
- Former Cape council member dies, remembered as 'wonderful public servant' (11/29/16)1
- Post-election taunts reported at Jackson schools (12/2/16)25
- Woman accused in three robberies disguised herself as man (11/29/16)5
- Business notebook: New store shows faith in Scott City district (11/28/16)
- Burglary suspect apprehended inside Jackson garage (12/4/16)
- Missouri chamber to honor Cape's John Mehner (11/30/16)6
- Poplar Bluff man accused of enticement, child porn in Scott County sting operation (12/4/16)
- Men who pulled father, son from burning car near Naylor honored by highway patrol (12/1/16)
Edna M. Smith, 90, of Cape Girardeau died Sunday, Oct. 24, 2010, at Southeast Missouri Hospital.
She was born Saturday, Dec. 20, 1919, in Lutesville, Mo., to Roy Lee and Christina Mansker Lincoln. She and Fletcher Smith were married Feb. 17, 1940, in Cape Girardeau.
She was devoted to her family and of the Baptist belief.
Survivors include three sons, Ronnie, Jerry and Dennis Smith of Cape Girardeau; three daughters, Linda Sanders and LaVonda Thurman of Jackson, Joyce McGee of Cape Girardeau; a sister, Bernice Hunter of Oregon; 21 grandchildren; 31 great-grandchildren; and two great-great-grandchildren.
She was preceded in death by her husband, parents, a son, two brothers and two sisters.
Friends may call from 4 to 8 p.m. today at Ford and Sons Sprigg Street Funeral Home.
The funeral will be at 11 a.m. Wednesday at the funeral home, with Roger Kiepe officiating. Burial will be in Lorimier Cemetery.
Memorial contributions may be given to Alzheimer's Association.
Online condolences may be made at www.fordandsonsfuneralhome.com.