- Business Notebook: Millersville Pit Stop opening Friday; newly rebuilt convenience store to feature favorites (7/16/18)
- Farewell to a First Lady (7/17/18)4
- Dexter Bar-B-Que in Jackson moving location (7/12/18)1
- Cape drops charge against carGO (7/18/18)9
- Support worker freedom by voting 'yes' on Prop A (7/14/18)
- Wiggans resigns; Bristow named interim superintendent at Meadow Heights (7/18/18)
- Car packages: Local stores adding pickup services as part of nationwide trend (7/14/18)1
- Relentless flood swamped towns, turned roads into lakes 25 years ago this summer (7/16/18)
- Cape city spending thousands to promote commuter flights, boost boardings (7/17/18)5
- Developer: Construction moving into new phases on Marriott (7/12/18)1
In Congress, my military experience will influence my decisions. After flying the B-52 and U-2 during the Cold War, I deployed to the Middle East in AWACS to enforce the no-fly zone over Iraq. From overhead we could see the devastation of Kuwait when Saddam Hussein set the oil wells on fire.
In the daytime, where Mideast weather is normally clear and a million, Kuwait was outlined by a giant cloud of smoke. At night, you could see the oil fires burning through the smoke cloud; it was probably the closest depiction of hell you could get.
This experience motivates me to seek energy independence for our country. We must stop the transfer of our wealth overseas and the exposure of our nation's prestige because of our nation's need for foreign oil. We need to drill here for petroleum and use technology to get the most efficiency from the petroleum we use.
LARRY BILL, 2543 Prairie View Trail, Jackson, MO 63755
Paid for by "Committee to Elect Lawrence David Bill for Congress," Daniel Ray Brown, Treasurer, 2543 Prairie View Trail, Jackson, MO 63755