- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)45
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)6
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- Law firm requests information about Cape's traffic cameras (04/25/16)2
- Local lawmakers split over failed medical marijuana bill; voters may have a say (04/26/16)19
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)36
- Tanker truck catches fire near Oak Ridge (04/24/16)7
- Local company makes eco-friendly kitty litter that cuts cat-box smell (04/25/16)
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
In Congress, my military experience will influence my decisions. After flying the B-52 and U-2 during the Cold War, I deployed to the Middle East in AWACS to enforce the no-fly zone over Iraq. From overhead we could see the devastation of Kuwait when Saddam Hussein set the oil wells on fire.
In the daytime, where Mideast weather is normally clear and a million, Kuwait was outlined by a giant cloud of smoke. At night, you could see the oil fires burning through the smoke cloud; it was probably the closest depiction of hell you could get.
This experience motivates me to seek energy independence for our country. We must stop the transfer of our wealth overseas and the exposure of our nation's prestige because of our nation's need for foreign oil. We need to drill here for petroleum and use technology to get the most efficiency from the petroleum we use.
LARRY BILL, 2543 Prairie View Trail, Jackson, MO 63755
Paid for by "Committee to Elect Lawrence David Bill for Congress," Daniel Ray Brown, Treasurer, 2543 Prairie View Trail, Jackson, MO 63755