- Business notebook: Cape native goes from farm to mobile-food operation (3/20/17)1
- Three out, including city administrator, at Scott City; two resigned, one fired (3/16/17)1
- Several tournaments already booked at Sportsplex (3/16/17)6
- Legal discrimination complaint, ethics complaint filed in Scott City government (3/22/17)10
- Former Scott City administrator: 'I was forced to resign' (3/21/17)6
- Cairo man pleads guilty to bank murders (3/17/17)1
- Two people found dead in Advance house fire (3/21/17)
- Triplett manslaughter case set for July 2018 (3/21/17)2
- Two local lawmakers back charter school bill; Perryville lawmaker objects to measure (3/19/17)21
- Two Cape men charged with second-degree murder of Grandi (3/21/17)2
In Congress, my military experience will influence my decisions. After flying the B-52 and U-2 during the Cold War, I deployed to the Middle East in AWACS to enforce the no-fly zone over Iraq. From overhead we could see the devastation of Kuwait when Saddam Hussein set the oil wells on fire.
In the daytime, where Mideast weather is normally clear and a million, Kuwait was outlined by a giant cloud of smoke. At night, you could see the oil fires burning through the smoke cloud; it was probably the closest depiction of hell you could get.
This experience motivates me to seek energy independence for our country. We must stop the transfer of our wealth overseas and the exposure of our nation's prestige because of our nation's need for foreign oil. We need to drill here for petroleum and use technology to get the most efficiency from the petroleum we use.
LARRY BILL, 2543 Prairie View Trail, Jackson, MO 63755
Paid for by "Committee to Elect Lawrence David Bill for Congress," Daniel Ray Brown, Treasurer, 2543 Prairie View Trail, Jackson, MO 63755