- Man shot by police ID'd; witness shares his side of story (2/17/17)31
- Settlement reached in accidental shooting case at Kelly High (2/15/17)10
- Jackson board votes to demolish high school building if bond issue passes (2/15/17)24
- MSHP: McLendon shot in side; autopsy refutes witness account (2/19/17)23
- Cape officer shoots man inside a home (2/16/17)7
- Panda Express restaurant coming to Cape's Siemers Drive (2/14/17)2
- Business notebook: Owners ready to roll out the Barrel 131 (2/20/17)3
- Former Cape cop indicted on possessing child porn (2/17/17)
- Man dies after being shot by officer; said to have come at cop with knife (2/16/17)29
- Ray's of Kelso to close, then reopen under new ownership (2/16/17)6
In Congress, my military experience will influence my decisions. After flying the B-52 and U-2 during the Cold War, I deployed to the Middle East in AWACS to enforce the no-fly zone over Iraq. From overhead we could see the devastation of Kuwait when Saddam Hussein set the oil wells on fire.
In the daytime, where Mideast weather is normally clear and a million, Kuwait was outlined by a giant cloud of smoke. At night, you could see the oil fires burning through the smoke cloud; it was probably the closest depiction of hell you could get.
This experience motivates me to seek energy independence for our country. We must stop the transfer of our wealth overseas and the exposure of our nation's prestige because of our nation's need for foreign oil. We need to drill here for petroleum and use technology to get the most efficiency from the petroleum we use.
LARRY BILL, 2543 Prairie View Trail, Jackson, MO 63755
Paid for by "Committee to Elect Lawrence David Bill for Congress," Daniel Ray Brown, Treasurer, 2543 Prairie View Trail, Jackson, MO 63755