- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)48
- Neelys Landing man shot, killed by highway patrol trooper after traffic stop (05/01/16)43
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)40
- 2016 All-Missourian Boys Basketball (04/29/16)
- Statement: Man says copsí good work drove him to grow his own marijuana (05/01/16)1
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- River Ridge Winery changes hands (05/02/16)
Jackson woman killed in Wayne County traffic accident
A Jackson woman was killed in a two-car accident in Wayne County Tuesday at 3:20 p.m. According the Missouri State Highway Patrol, the 2006 Hyundai driven by 52-year-old Cindy M. Poole failed to stop at a stop sign on U.S. 67 and pulled into the path of a 2009 Nissan driven by Dennis D. Hunt of East Alton, Ill.
Poole was pronounced dead at the scene by Wayne County Coroner Gary Umfleet. Hunt and his passenger Sharon K. Hunt were taken by ambulance to Poplar Bluff Regional Medical Center with moderate injuries.
All parties were wearing seat belts.