- Neelys Landing man shot, killed by highway patrol trooper after traffic stop (05/01/16)43
- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)49
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- River Ridge Winery changes hands (05/02/16)
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)40
- 2016 All-Missourian Boys Basketball (04/29/16)
- Statement: Man says cops’ good work drove him to grow his own marijuana (05/01/16)1
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- Hopper Road to close for months during construction of Veterans Drive (04/27/16)9
Southeast volleyball team falls to 5-15 with sweep at SIU-E
The Southeast Missouri State volleyball team was swept at future Ohio Valley Conference member Southern Illinois-Edwardsville on Tuesday night.
SIUE improved to 11-10 and dropped Southeast to 5-15 with a 25-13, 25-21, 25-21 victory in Edwardsville, Ill.
Posting double-doubles for Southeast were senior Claire Keaton (11 kills, 10 digs) and freshman setter Julie Shives (23 assists, 12 digs). Sophomore Samantha Lowman led in digs with 19.
The Redhawks, a ninth-place 2-7 in the 10-team OVC, host seventh-place Eastern Illinois (11-11, 3-6) on Friday night.
Southeast senior Jason Lumpkin is the OVC's co-runner of the week for cross country.
Lumpkin finished 21st out of 211 runners at Friday's Bradley Classic, covering the 8K course in 24 minutes, 50 seconds.
Lumpkin's finish is the fastest 8K time for the Redhawks this season.
-- From staff reports