- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)46
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)40
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- Law firm requests information about Cape's traffic cameras (04/25/16)2
- Local lawmakers split over failed medical marijuana bill; voters may have a say (04/26/16)19
- Local company makes eco-friendly kitty litter that cuts cat-box smell (04/25/16)
- Man accused of pointing BB gun at Chaffee resident (04/26/16)2
CHAFFEE, Mo. -- Loretta "Retta" Mohorc, 64, of Chaffee died Tuesday, Oct. 19, 2010, at the family home.
She was born Sept. 10, 1946, in St. Louis, daughter of William Seymore and Shirley Ratliff Kyle. She and Joseph Mohorc were married May 20, 1978.
Retta was the mayor of the city of Chaffee and was also owner/operator of the Picket Fence in Chaffee. She was a member of St. Ambrose Catholic Church, Daughters of St. Ambrose, Ladies Auxiliary of VFW Post 3127, Chaffee Chamber of Commerce, and Chaffee Historical Society.
Survivors include her husband; a son, Joseph Anthony "Tony" Mohorc II of Chaffee; two daughters, Barbra Eileen Bagbey (Kenneth) Elfrink of Leopold, Mo., Billie Jo Eileen Mohorc Shepherd of Chaffee; three brothers, Bill Kyle of St. Louis, Kevin Curry of Kelso, Mo., Brian Kyle of St. Louis; three sisters, Sandy Curry of DuQuoin, Ill., Karen Kyle of De Soto, Mo., Donna Taylor of St. Louis; four grandchildren, Trenton Elfrink, Madeline Elfrink, Jacob Elfrink, all of Leopold, and Jagger Shepherd of Chaffee.
She was preceded in death by her parents; a daughter, Elizabeth Bagbey; and a grandson, Franklin Elfrink.
Visitation will be after 4 p.m. Thursday at Amick-Burnett Funeral Chapel in Chaffee, with parish rosary at 7.
The funeral will be at 10 a.m. Friday at St. Ambrose Church, with the Rev. Ralph Duffner officiating. Burial will be in Missouri State Veterans Cemetery in Bloomfield at a later date.
In lieu of flowers, please make donations to National Kidney Foundation, which can be dropped off at Montgomery Bank, 102 E. Yoakum Ave., Chaffee, MO 63740.