- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)40
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- Ray's of Kelso, Plaza by Ray's to change ownership; Fonn to buy enterprise (04/20/16)3
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)6
- Cape council approves nearly $1M in park, sculpture projects with little public discussion (04/22/16)37
- Law firm requests information about Cape's traffic cameras (04/25/16)2
- Tanker truck catches fire near Oak Ridge (04/24/16)7
- Local lawmakers split over failed medical marijuana bill; voters may have a say (04/26/16)19
- Local company makes eco-friendly kitty litter that cuts cat-box smell (04/25/16)
In federal court: Cape man sentenced on drug charges
The following information was released Tuesday for defendants appearing in federal court Tuesday before U.S. District Judge Henry E. Autrey.
Name: Robert Q. Woods
Residence: Cape Girardeau
Charge: One felony count of distribution of cocaine and one felony count of manufacturing cocaine.
Sentence: 121 months
Summary: On Aug. 21, 2009, Woods sold cocaine to a confidential informant in Cape Girardeau and six days later agreed to sell to another informant an "eight ball" of cocaine for $800. Woods delivered the cocaine to the informant in exchange for $500 and left to cook the remainder of the controlled substance. The entire cook was recorded on a device in the informant's residence. Woods also admitted to distributing the more than 150 grams of cocaine.