- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)47
- Neelys Landing man shot, killed by highway patrol trooper after traffic stop (05/01/16)43
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)40
- 2016 All-Missourian Boys Basketball (04/29/16)
- Statement: Man says cops’ good work drove him to grow his own marijuana (05/01/16)1
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- River Ridge Winery changes hands (05/02/16)
Cape Girardeau County Commission declares October Domestic Violence Awareness Month
The Cape Girardeau County Commission signed a proclamation acknowledging October as Domestic Violence Awareness Month. Representatives from the Cape Girardeau County Sheriff's Department and the Safe House for Women were on hand as Presiding Commissioner Gerald Jones read a proclamation discussing the issue of domestic violence in the county and the resources devoted to combating it.
In other business
* The county has been selected to receive one of four achievement awards from the Missouri Association of Counties for the county's work on clearing and dredging of Old Whitewater Channel. The award will be presented at the association's annual conference in November.
* SEMO Regional Planning Commission was awarded the administration of the grant the county applied for regarding the dredging of the Southeast Regional Port Authority.
1 Barton Square, Jackson, MO