- Cape teacher accused of assaulting student at football game (10/23/16)41
- Pedestrian killed during traffic collision on I-55 (10/23/16)9
- Scott County Sheriff Rick Walter faces challenge from criminal investigator Wes Drury (10/21/16)9
- 18-year-old killed in one-car crash Thursday morning (10/21/16)1
- One issue reveals Clinton's character (10/25/16)18
- Man arrested after dispute at school spurs brief lockdown (10/21/16)6
- One victim IDs his attacker in shooting that killed woman (10/25/16)1
- 'I feel for them' (10/20/16)1
- Hundreds turn out for VintageNOW fundraiser (10/23/16)3
- R.P. Lumber chain buys Southeast Missouri Builders Supply in Cape (10/25/16)7
Cape Girardeau County Commission declares October Domestic Violence Awareness Month
The Cape Girardeau County Commission signed a proclamation acknowledging October as Domestic Violence Awareness Month. Representatives from the Cape Girardeau County Sheriff's Department and the Safe House for Women were on hand as Presiding Commissioner Gerald Jones read a proclamation discussing the issue of domestic violence in the county and the resources devoted to combating it.
In other business
* The county has been selected to receive one of four achievement awards from the Missouri Association of Counties for the county's work on clearing and dredging of Old Whitewater Channel. The award will be presented at the association's annual conference in November.
* SEMO Regional Planning Commission was awarded the administration of the grant the county applied for regarding the dredging of the Southeast Regional Port Authority.
1 Barton Square, Jackson, MO