- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)47
- Neelys Landing man shot, killed by highway patrol trooper after traffic stop (05/01/16)43
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)40
- 2016 All-Missourian Boys Basketball (04/29/16)
- Statement: Man says cops’ good work drove him to grow his own marijuana (05/01/16)1
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- River Ridge Winery changes hands (05/02/16)
Scott City suffers 40-12 loss at hands of Herculaneum
Scott City hung with Herculaneum for the first half of their Class 2 District 2 football game Friday.
But the Rams allowed 21 points in the third quarter and suffered a 40-12 setback.
Herculaneum's Frank Abate scored three times, including twice in the third quarter.
Jamie Scholz led Scott City's offense with 144 yards and two scores through the air.
Austin Atchley hauled in one of Scholz's touchdown passes and finished with two catches for 86 yards.
Corey Rodgers caught Scholz's other scoring pass. He grabbed two passes for 27 yards.
Garett Schaefer collected 108 yards on 22 carries, while Travis Phillips added 28 yards on seven totes. Jacob Underwood had 115 yards on two carries.
Hunter Griffith paced the defense with 16 tackles and one fumble recovery.
The Rams (1-7) trailed 13-6 at halftime. They return to action Friday when they host Crystal City.
-- From staff reports