- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)46
- Neelys Landing man shot, killed by highway patrol trooper after traffic stop (05/01/16)36
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)40
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- 2016 All-Missourian Boys Basketball (04/29/16)
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- Law firm requests information about Cape's traffic cameras (04/25/16)3
- Local lawmakers split over failed medical marijuana bill; voters may have a say (04/26/16)19
MARBLE HILL, Mo. -- Robert F. Boehl, 85, of Marble Hill died Oct. 15, 2010, at Saint Francis Medical Center in Cape Girardeau.
Born Aug. 1, 1925, at Stuart, Ark., he was the son of Frederick and Martha Belle Ellis Boehl.
Robert retired as a lineman from Union Electric at Charleston, Mo. He served in the Navy in the South Pacific during World War II and was a lifetime member of the VFW Post 1014 at Alton, Mo. He was of the Baptist faith.
Robert first married Dixie Gross on March 2, 1957. She preceded him in death April 13, 1981. He married Flossie Mary Yount Gross on June 10, 1982. She survives.
Other survivors include a son, Robert F. (Myra) Boehl Jr. of Cincinnati; a daughter, Sheri (Jerry) Sterling of Jackson; a stepdaughter, Cathy (Lonnie) Trentham of Marble Hill; four grandchildren, R.J. and Suzy Boehl, Hailey Sterling and Dusti Trentham. He was preceded in death by two brothers and three sisters.
Visitation will be from 4 to 8 p.m. today at Hutchings Funeral Chapel in Marble Hill.
The funeral will be at 10 a.m. Monday at the funeral home, with Rev. Ted Wimberly officiating. Burial will follow at the IOOF Cemetery in Charleston with military honors.