- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)45
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)6
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- Law firm requests information about Cape's traffic cameras (04/25/16)2
- Local lawmakers split over failed medical marijuana bill; voters may have a say (04/26/16)19
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)35
- Tanker truck catches fire near Oak Ridge (04/24/16)7
- Local company makes eco-friendly kitty litter that cuts cat-box smell (04/25/16)
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
BENTON, Mo. -- Mary F. Taylor, 66, of Benton died Oct. 15, 2010, at Saint Francis Medical Center in Cape Girardeau.
She was born Feb. 29, 1944, at Leslie, Ark., daughter of the late Thelma Leona Tester.
On Aug. 1, 1960, at Morley, Mo., she married Larry Taylor; he survives of the home in Benton.
Other survivors include one son, Gary Dale Taylor of Benton; three daughters, Mary Ann Thomason of Cape Girardeau, Kimberley Jane Short of Indianapolis and Karen Broshuis of Leopold, Mo.; five sisters, Noma Colangelo and Sharon Rich, both of Winthrop Harbor, Ill., Ann Crites of Jackson, Anita Kunath of Beach Park, Ill., Connie Watkins of Vanduser, Mo.; 10 grandchildren; and three great-grandchildren.
In addition to her parents, a son, Terry Wayne Taylor; two brothers; and a sister preceded her in death.
Visitation will be held from 5 to 8 p.m. Monday at Ponder Funeral Home, where funeral services will be held at 11 a.m. Tuesday. The Rev. Dennis Lowe, pastor of Unity Baptist Church, will officiate.
Interment will follow in the Forrest Hills Cemetery near Morley.
Pallbearers will be Gary Taylor, J.T. Allred, Stephen Sauceda, Danny Watkins, Bob Crites and Ty Atchison.
Online condolences may be sent at www.ponderfuneralhome.com.