- Neelys Landing man shot, killed by highway patrol trooper after traffic stop (05/01/16)43
- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)49
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- River Ridge Winery changes hands (05/02/16)
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)40
- 2016 All-Missourian Boys Basketball (04/29/16)
- Statement: Man says cops’ good work drove him to grow his own marijuana (05/01/16)1
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- Hopper Road to close for months during construction of Veterans Drive (04/27/16)9
Part of Big Bend Road to be closed
Contractor Nip Kelley Construction will close Big Bend Road between the Sloan Creek Bridge and Third Street in Cape Girardeau beginning Tuesday for about 30 days, weather permitting.
Detour signs will be in place routing traffic to Main Street. Large truck traffic should follow the designated truck route. Drivers are urged to use caution in the area or choose an alternate route during the construction period.
The project on Big Bend Road is funded by Transportation Trust Fund 3, approved by voters in 2005.