- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)47
- Neelys Landing man shot, killed by highway patrol trooper after traffic stop (05/01/16)42
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)40
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- 2016 All-Missourian Boys Basketball (04/29/16)
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- Law firm requests information about Cape's traffic cameras (04/25/16)3
- Local lawmakers split over failed medical marijuana bill; voters may have a say (04/26/16)19
Cape school officials to vote on improvement plans Monday
The Cape Girardeau School Board will vote on three school improvement plans at its meeting at 6 p.m. Monday.
On the agenda are the Professional Development Plan for 2010-2011, the five-year Comprehensive School Improvement Plan and the Blanchard School Improvement Plan. Blanchard is designated a school in need of improvement for failing to meet adequate yearly progress under the federal No Child Left Behind Act. Blanchard will receive $20,000 from the Missouri Department of Elementary and Secondary Education to implement the first year of a two-year plan, according to Cape Girardeau School District.
The school board will hold a work session on the 2009-2010 annual audit, beginning at 5 p.m.