- Marble Hill fires entire sewer department (8/23/16)5
- Ex-Southeast student gets probation for placing homemade sex video on porn site without woman's knowledge (8/24/16)13
- Bootheel lawmaker seeks probe into crop damage by illegal herbicide spraying (8/24/16)1
- The Chrome Queens (8/21/16)2
- Local private school dreams bigger, plans for new building at Sprigg and Lexington (8/22/16)
- Newsmakers 2016: Jason Bandermann (8/15/16)
- New CEO named at Wood & Huston Bank (8/21/16)
- Victims of alleged Ponzi scheme seek compensation from killer's victims (8/21/16)3
- Cape Central football team falls to state-ranked Liberty in Pixley's debut (8/20/16)
- 'Santa' suspect Moffat sentenced to 12 years for sexual abuse of girl (8/23/16)2
Speak Out 10/17/10
THERE'S talk in the air about a gambling boat
Looks like the issue's up for a vote
Some will vote "no" and others go with "yes"
How it will turn out is anyone's guess
But I know one thing to be true
If you don't want a gambling boat, it's up to you.
As an independent thinker not tied to or biased by any political party, the only choice I intend to make when I vote in a few weeks is make sure my vote does not go to any incumbent. Them vs. us can be debated till hell freezes over, but the the way I see it, the only good career politician is a retired career politician. "Political party" only refers to the partying they do after you re-elect them. Voters are the only answer to term limits as the career politicians are the ones who have to pass a law to fire themselves.
Don't cut sports
CUT out all of the sports at school? You've got to be kidding.
DAVID Limbaugh's recent column convinced me that he likes and trusts BP.
The Central Tigers Marching Band is a very hard working team, and it is a team where every member has to work as hard as everyone else. This year the band has performed at four competitions and has placed first in every one of them. I am proud of our Marching Tigers.
The city of Cape Girardeau filed for and received $648,000 dollars of stimulus money. This is another waste of tax money. The stimulus did not work. But people keep spending more. When did it become the city's job to buy houses and fix them up for resale?
WHAT will become of the proposed Isle of Capri casino "boat in a moat" in the near future? When it becomes more advantageous for the casino to move to "greener pastures," who will want an abandoned casino building in the middle of the water? Will it become a trash dump or a quarry or something else? Times change eventually.
CONGRATULATIONS to the Redhawks football tam, coach Tony Samuel and his staff who have persevered through a lot of adversity. Their hard work has paid off this year. Coach Samuel always said to keep the faith.
I attended a skateboard competition recently with my son at the Cape skate park. It was a disaster, poorly managed and the music was offensive.