- Owner of Mary Jane Burgers & Brew in Perryville to open new culinary concept in Cape (9/15/17)2
- Man accused of setting fire to Delta bar; posted photos of it burning on Facebook (9/17/17)5
- How the story of one dog is helping others (9/14/17)1
- Southerner by Tractors owners seek to bring 'sophisticated Southern' cuisine (9/12/17)
- Eyewitnesses testify about fatal shooting; men were using drugs, alcohol (9/14/17)
- Jury finds Harris guilty of murder, 3 other counts (9/15/17)4
- Retailer may come to Jackson; rezoning needed first (9/17/17)2
- McClure man accused of leaving children in hot truck while gambling in casino (9/19/17)1
- Planet Fitness to anchor Town Plaza shopping center (9/18/17)1
- Mo. conservation agents help fight fires in western U.S. (9/15/17)
Stephen N. Limbaugh Jr.
Judge Stephen N. Limbaugh Jr. was recently elected president of the State Historical Society of Missouri by the board of trustees at the society's annual meeting Oct. 2.
Judge Limbaugh's three-year term begins immediately. He formerly served as vice president of the board.
Judge Limbaugh's connection to the state historical society dates back to his grandfather, Rush H. Limbaugh Sr. Limbaugh Sr. helped the society move into its quarters in Ellis Library in 1915 while a law student at the University of Missouri. He also served as president of the board during the 1950s, and his total time served on the board spanned 55 years. Like his grandfather, Steven Limbaugh Jr. has been a lifelong student of history.
The State Historical Society of Missouri was founded in 1898 by the Missouri Press Association. The Society has been a wonderful research facility for studying the state's heritage. A few things the society is responsible for include: the Missouri History Speakers' Bureau, the National History Day in Missouri, collecting Missouri's newspapers and the publishing of the Missouri Historical Review, an award-winning scholarly quarterly published since 1906.
The society does a tremendous job at preserving Missouri's heritage. Congratulations to Judge Limbaugh for being elected president of the board.