- Neelys Landing man shot, killed by highway patrol trooper after traffic stop (05/01/16)43
- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)49
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- Neighbors mystified over why man was killed by state trooper (05/03/16)22
- River Ridge Winery changes hands (05/02/16)
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)40
- 2016 All-Missourian Boys Basketball (04/29/16)
- Statement: Man says cops’ good work drove him to grow his own marijuana (05/01/16)1
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- 'American Pickers' visits Poplar Bluff (04/29/16)
Jackson man charged with statutory sodomy
A 24-year-old Jackson man has been charged with a felony after allegedly having sex with a young girl who was baby-sitting at the time.
Shaun M. Schniedermeyer was charged by the Cape Girardeau County prosecuting attorney's office with second-degree statutory sodomy following an investigation by the Jackson Police Department.
A report of a man having sexual contact with a juvenile female was made to Jackson police Oct. 10.
Schniedermeyer's bond was set at $30,000, and he remains in custody.