- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)46
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)38
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- Law firm requests information about Cape's traffic cameras (04/25/16)2
- Local lawmakers split over failed medical marijuana bill; voters may have a say (04/26/16)19
- Local company makes eco-friendly kitty litter that cuts cat-box smell (04/25/16)
- Man accused of pointing BB gun at Chaffee resident (04/26/16)2
Yount - Bagot
Brett and Angelia Yount of Cape Girardeau announce the engagement of their daughter, Paige Marie Yount, to Jacob Laurence Bagot. He is the son of James Bagot and Lisa Grisby of Cape Girardeau.
Yount is a 2010 graduate of Central High School. She received an associate degree in child development from Mineral Area College, and is majoring in early childhood education at Southeast Missouri State University. She is employed at A Step At A Time Preschool.
Bagot is a 2008 graduate of Central High School. He is majoring in music education and trombone performance at Southeast University. He is a member of Golden Eagles Marching Band, Southeast Wind Symphony, Southeast Symphony Orchestra, Southeast Studio Jazz, and Cape Girardeau Municipal Band. He is a member of Phi Mu Alpha fraternity.
A Sept. 24, 2011, wedding is planned at Westminster Presbyterian Church.