- Krispy Kreme coming to Cape Girardeau (12/14/17)1
- Feds ask judge to impose $6.5 million punishment for Cape surgeon (12/7/17)9
- Light and music show: Jackson family goes high-tech with Christmas display (12/11/17)
- Former Wimpy's Drive-In owner Freeman Lewis dies (12/9/17)2
- Makeover at the movies: Transformation complete inside Cape theater (12/8/17)4
- Jury convicts Scott City man who confessed to murder; girlfriend's testimony corroborates confession (12/9/17)
- Cape schools to get two new principals, assistant superintendent (12/13/17)1
- Two Cape County residents, including former Jackson police officer, face burglary charges in Colorado (12/12/17)
- Pedestrian struck on Broadway (12/11/17)4
- Sugarfire Cape barbecue restaurant to open June 2018 (12/7/17)
Faces of success
Good things are happening for the Cape Girardeau School District.
The final Missouri Department of Elementary and Secondary Education's Annual Performance Report for 2010 listed Cape Girardeau with a "Distinction in Performance" status.
The district also recently released a "2010 Cape Girardeau Faces of Success" booklet highlighting some of the district's distinguished graduates. Those highlighted include Jeannie Hirsch Blaylock, journalist and Emmy and Peabody award recipient; Marquis Allen Brookins, pastor and corps leader for the Salvation Army; Jason G. Crowell, Missouri state senator; Jerry Ford, musician, businessman, legislator and philanthropist; Gary D. Forsee, president of the University of Missouri; Peter Kinder, Missouri's lieutenant governor; Wendy P. (Hager) Kunc, deputy assistant secretary of the Navy for cost and economics; Stephen N. Limbaugh Jr., U.S. District Court judge; Darla Michele Pannier, athletic record holder, scholar and humanitarian; Donna Lynn Parkinson, Ph.D., clinical psychologist at John J. Pershing VA Medical Center; Michael A. Price, assistant federal prosecutor; and Clint Tracy, Missouri state representative.
Congratulations to the Cape Girardeau School District for seeing results by state standards and through the success of its graduates.