- Few Southeast students face suspension, expulsion for sexual assaults, campus paper finds (4/25/17)5
- Perryville family organizing bone-marrow drive Friday for ailing 6-year-old boy (4/26/17)
- Woman battered after smashing boyfriend's meth pipe against wall, police say (4/25/17)1
- Pilot House goes smoke-free (4/23/17)10
- Temptations bassist dies after Cape Girardeau show (4/26/17)2
- Event includes the first public tour of 200-year-old Elmwood Manor (4/23/17)3
- BBB warns Jackson man's online business might not be legit (4/24/17)
- Cape couple turns their home into cozy, comfortable music venue (4/24/17)
- State Supreme Court rules against congressman's mother in dog-kennel defamation case (4/27/17)1
- Sikeston man charged in shooting death of Cape man (4/23/17)
NEW Robin Carnahan TV AD: "Scared Stiff"
Today, Robin Carnahan's campaign released a new television ad titled "Scared Stiff," http://www.robincarnahan.com/scaredstiff where Robin calls out Congressman Blunt out for refusing to participate in the list of debates he originally proposed. Blunt has repeatedly refused to answer questions about his troubling 14-year Washington record and tried to prevent as many Missourians as possible from seeing the limited debates to which he ultimately agreed.
In contrast to Blunt's 14-year Washington record of wasteful spending, corruption, and sticking it to the middle class, Robin calls for a ban on earmarks and tells Congress to take a pay cut until they balance the budget.
"Congressman Blunt has made clear that he doesn't want to talk about his Washington record of wasteful spending, corruption and sticking it to the middle class,"said Linden Zakula, Robin Carnahan's campaign spokesman. "But Congressman Blunt should explain why he's spent 14 years in Washington putting corporate special interests ahead of Missouri families."
Earlier this month, Congressman Blunt fashioned his own personal debate "bailout" package by refusing to take part in the very debates he called for and on the very dates he proposed - proving he simply can't be trusted and is doing anything to avoid talking about his 14-year record that represents the very worst of Washington. From orchestrating the $700 billion Wall Street bailout, to his ties to convicted lobbyist Jack Abramoff, and his billions in reckless spending, Congressman Blunt is running from his disturbing 14-year Washington record that has put special interests before Missouri families and small businesses.
And as part of her plan to fix what's wrong with Washington, Robin has called for a ban on all earmarks and has already pledged not to partake in the earmark process in Washington and now is calling on Congressman Blunt and other members to take a 10% pay cut until they balance the federal budget
Watch the ad here: www.robincarnahan.com/scaredstiff