- Jackson man to cast electoral vote for Trump; others trying to dissuade him (11/29/16)51
- Man killed by vehicle had been charged with domestic assault (11/30/16)
- Hotel chain president: City should regulate short-term lodging (11/27/16)16
- Former Cape council member dies, remembered as 'wonderful public servant' (11/29/16)1
- Woman accused in three robberies disguised herself as man (11/29/16)5
- Thankful people: Marble Hill woman been through much and remains thankful (11/24/16)
- Officers: Delta man dies during domestic dispute (11/28/16)1
- Business notebook: New store shows faith in Scott City district (11/28/16)
- Missouri chamber to honor Cape's John Mehner (11/30/16)4
- Light Christmas: Thousands gather to view Parade of Lights (11/28/16)5
NEW Robin Carnahan TV AD: "Scared Stiff"
Today, Robin Carnahan's campaign released a new television ad titled "Scared Stiff," http://www.robincarnahan.com/scaredstiff where Robin calls out Congressman Blunt out for refusing to participate in the list of debates he originally proposed. Blunt has repeatedly refused to answer questions about his troubling 14-year Washington record and tried to prevent as many Missourians as possible from seeing the limited debates to which he ultimately agreed.
In contrast to Blunt's 14-year Washington record of wasteful spending, corruption, and sticking it to the middle class, Robin calls for a ban on earmarks and tells Congress to take a pay cut until they balance the budget.
"Congressman Blunt has made clear that he doesn't want to talk about his Washington record of wasteful spending, corruption and sticking it to the middle class,"said Linden Zakula, Robin Carnahan's campaign spokesman. "But Congressman Blunt should explain why he's spent 14 years in Washington putting corporate special interests ahead of Missouri families."
Earlier this month, Congressman Blunt fashioned his own personal debate "bailout" package by refusing to take part in the very debates he called for and on the very dates he proposed - proving he simply can't be trusted and is doing anything to avoid talking about his 14-year record that represents the very worst of Washington. From orchestrating the $700 billion Wall Street bailout, to his ties to convicted lobbyist Jack Abramoff, and his billions in reckless spending, Congressman Blunt is running from his disturbing 14-year Washington record that has put special interests before Missouri families and small businesses.
And as part of her plan to fix what's wrong with Washington, Robin has called for a ban on all earmarks and has already pledged not to partake in the earmark process in Washington and now is calling on Congressman Blunt and other members to take a 10% pay cut until they balance the federal budget
Watch the ad here: www.robincarnahan.com/scaredstiff