- Krispy Kreme coming to Cape Girardeau (12/14/17)2
- Light and music show: Jackson family goes high-tech with Christmas display (12/11/17)
- Former Wimpy's Drive-In owner Freeman Lewis dies (12/9/17)2
- Cape schools to get two new principals, assistant superintendent (12/13/17)1
- Feds ask judge to impose $6.5 million punishment for Cape surgeon (12/7/17)9
- Pedestrian struck on Broadway (12/11/17)4
- Kelso resident brings home $60K in lottery winnings (12/14/17)
- Makeover at the movies: Transformation complete inside Cape theater (12/8/17)4
Proposition B: Stop puppy cruelty
This November, the Humane Society of Missouri urges all Missourians to vote 'yes' on Proposition B, the Puppy Mill Cruelty Prevention Act.
We are a private Missouri organization on the front lines of this shameful Missouri problem rescuing and rehabilitating tens of thousands of dogs from substandard puppy mills living in disgusting, deplorable conditions no caring person would ever want for any animal. Dogs are crammed into small and filthy cages, denied veterinary care, exposed to extreme weather and given no exercise or human affection. We treat them for severe eye, ear and skin infections, dental disease, dehydration, malnutrition, parasites and chronic behavior issues.
Current laws are not enough to end this criminal treatment of dogs. As a regular partner with local law enforcement agencies investigating cases of animal abuse, we know Proposition B will give them the additional tools they need to enforce these new, very clear, basic standards of care.
Opposition groups are attempting to divert attention from the tragic truth that dogs in puppy mills suffer horribly every day. That Missourians have allowed this situation to continue for so long is wrong. Proposition B will stop puppy mill abuses. It does not target agriculture or hunting. It deals only with dogs in large breeding facilities.
We're joined by veterinarians, law enforcement officials, responsible dog breeders, civic leaders and thousands of caring Missourians in support of this common-sense measure. Read the full text of Proposition B at YesonPropB.com.
End the suffering of defenseless dogs. Vote 'yes' on Prop B.
KATHRYN W. WARNICK,
President, Humane Society of Missouri, St. Louis, Mo