- Man transitioning to woman killed herself in Cape City Jail in June; news comes from architect's pitch in Kansas (2/15/18)2
- Cape Girardeau businessman proposes redevelopment project; seeks taxing district to fund improvements (2/17/18)11
- Charges filed in Sunday murder; suspects in custody (2/14/18)2
- University Foundation to honor Talberts as Friends of the University (2/13/18)2
- TJ's Burgers, Wings & Pizza expands with dining area in Fruitland (2/16/18)
- Major case squad activated to investigate shooting death in Cape (2/13/18)
- Lovebirds for 80 years give advice: Trust, patience and 'Tell 'em you love 'em' (2/14/18)2
- Jackson schools to install artificial turf on football, soccer fields (2/14/18)
- Pence gets it right in response to attack on Christian faith (2/17/18)2
- Area restaurants plan for those observing Lent on Valentine's Day (2/12/18)
Celebrating Afterschool Programs
On October 21, more than 7,500 communities and 1 million Americans will celebrate Lights On Afterschool. Mt. Rushmore and the Empire State Building will light up for this event. Together, we will demonstrate how afterschool programs keep kids safe, help working families and inspire learning.
The Boys & Girls Club of Cape Girardeau will be hosting a community open house to showcase our Afterschool program and what we do for the community. Mayor Rediger will be attending and presenting a proclamation in support of afterschool programs and our Club.
From 4-6pm, any individual who would like to see what we do here at the Club is welcome to drop by, be assigned a "tour guide", and enjoy refreshments.
RSVPs not required, but appreciated! 573-335-7141