- State declares test results for schools invalid (10/4/17)2
- College algebra to be removed from Southeast required curriculum (10/10/17)1
- Child-custody advocate: State law needs fix to provide parents with more equal custody (10/12/17)
- Past Rowdy the Redhawk mascot's identity revealed (10/15/17)
- Cancer will 'change your life, but it doesn't have to rule it' (10/8/17)
- Sikeston singer moves on with 'The Voice' (10/16/17)
- Police chief, council: Cape Girardeau faces growing gun violence (10/17/17)4
- Developer asks court to OK tax district board for improvements near Hobby Lobby (10/17/17)4
- Bills addressing equal child custody to be filed, legislators say (10/13/17)
- The last person to be laid to rest at Old Lorimier Cemetery: Mary Russell Fox (10/17/17)2
Celebrating Afterschool Programs
On October 21, more than 7,500 communities and 1 million Americans will celebrate Lights On Afterschool. Mt. Rushmore and the Empire State Building will light up for this event. Together, we will demonstrate how afterschool programs keep kids safe, help working families and inspire learning.
The Boys & Girls Club of Cape Girardeau will be hosting a community open house to showcase our Afterschool program and what we do for the community. Mayor Rediger will be attending and presenting a proclamation in support of afterschool programs and our Club.
From 4-6pm, any individual who would like to see what we do here at the Club is welcome to drop by, be assigned a "tour guide", and enjoy refreshments.
RSVPs not required, but appreciated! 573-335-7141