- Two men seriously hurt in crash near Fruitland (9/21/16)3
- Perryville man arrested for alleged patronizing prostitution, harassment (9/23/16)6
- Video and evidence largely confirm trooper's claims in April traffic stop shooting (9/23/16)7
- Cape man may lose eye after shovel beating, police say (9/25/16)2
- Funeral procession of former Cape Girardeau police chief Henry H. Gerecke (9/22/16)17
- Cape man accused of attacking pregnant girlfriend (9/22/16)
- Driver charged with manslaughter in crash that killed 2 (9/27/16)
- Show Me Center upgrades may allow facility to draw more elaborate shows (9/21/16)17
- Man convicted of Perryville convenience-store heist (9/21/16)
- Planning, design puts renovations of H-H building into hotel on hold (9/26/16)4
Celebrating Afterschool Programs
On October 21, more than 7,500 communities and 1 million Americans will celebrate Lights On Afterschool. Mt. Rushmore and the Empire State Building will light up for this event. Together, we will demonstrate how afterschool programs keep kids safe, help working families and inspire learning.
The Boys & Girls Club of Cape Girardeau will be hosting a community open house to showcase our Afterschool program and what we do for the community. Mayor Rediger will be attending and presenting a proclamation in support of afterschool programs and our Club.
From 4-6pm, any individual who would like to see what we do here at the Club is welcome to drop by, be assigned a "tour guide", and enjoy refreshments.
RSVPs not required, but appreciated! 573-335-7141