- Woman's post about 'Back the Blue' sign in Jackson coffee shop prompts firing from nearby bar (8/15/17)11
- How to save a life: Lifeguards resuscitated young girl at Cape Splash (8/17/17)2
- Stoogefest headliner cancels, cites NAACP travel advisory in Missouri (8/15/17)2
- Councilman: Scott City mayor, city administrator resigned (8/15/17)4
- Chaffee man charged with attempting to have ex-wife killed (8/20/17)3
- Woman dies in house fire in Cape Girardeau County (8/16/17)
- Scott City school chief gets raise, while some teachers don't (8/17/17)6
- Scott City man dies in motorcycle crash near Millersville (8/13/17)
- Former Chaffee officer faces DWI charge (8/20/17)2
- 'Love, not hate': Area residents gather to sing, talk about racial issues after violence in Charlottesville (8/14/17)89
Celebrating Afterschool Programs
On October 21, more than 7,500 communities and 1 million Americans will celebrate Lights On Afterschool. Mt. Rushmore and the Empire State Building will light up for this event. Together, we will demonstrate how afterschool programs keep kids safe, help working families and inspire learning.
The Boys & Girls Club of Cape Girardeau will be hosting a community open house to showcase our Afterschool program and what we do for the community. Mayor Rediger will be attending and presenting a proclamation in support of afterschool programs and our Club.
From 4-6pm, any individual who would like to see what we do here at the Club is welcome to drop by, be assigned a "tour guide", and enjoy refreshments.
RSVPs not required, but appreciated! 573-335-7141