- Jackson man to cast electoral vote for Trump; others trying to dissuade him (11/29/16)51
- Man killed by vehicle had been charged with domestic assault (11/30/16)
- Former Cape council member dies, remembered as 'wonderful public servant' (11/29/16)1
- Post-election taunts reported at Jackson schools (12/2/16)25
- Woman accused in three robberies disguised herself as man (11/29/16)5
- Business notebook: New store shows faith in Scott City district (11/28/16)
- Burglary suspect apprehended inside Jackson garage (12/4/16)
- Missouri chamber to honor Cape's John Mehner (11/30/16)6
- Poplar Bluff man accused of enticement, child porn in Scott County sting operation (12/4/16)
- Men who pulled father, son from burning car near Naylor honored by highway patrol (12/1/16)
Celebrating Afterschool Programs
On October 21, more than 7,500 communities and 1 million Americans will celebrate Lights On Afterschool. Mt. Rushmore and the Empire State Building will light up for this event. Together, we will demonstrate how afterschool programs keep kids safe, help working families and inspire learning.
The Boys & Girls Club of Cape Girardeau will be hosting a community open house to showcase our Afterschool program and what we do for the community. Mayor Rediger will be attending and presenting a proclamation in support of afterschool programs and our Club.
From 4-6pm, any individual who would like to see what we do here at the Club is welcome to drop by, be assigned a "tour guide", and enjoy refreshments.
RSVPs not required, but appreciated! 573-335-7141