- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)46
- Neelys Landing man shot, killed by highway patrol trooper after traffic stop (05/01/16)42
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)40
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- 2016 All-Missourian Boys Basketball (04/29/16)
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- Law firm requests information about Cape's traffic cameras (04/25/16)3
- Local lawmakers split over failed medical marijuana bill; voters may have a say (04/26/16)19
Chaffee woman injured in Sunday morning accident
A 49-year-old Chaffee woman was seriously injured in a rollover accident Sunday, according to the Missouri State Highway Patrol.
Around 8:15 a.m., Cathy A. Simmer was traveling on Highway OO in Cape Girardeau County, ran off the road, overcorrected and rolled her vehicle.
Simmer was ejected from her vehicle, according to the highway patrol, and was not wearing a seat belt.
She was taken by emergency medical services to Saint Francis Medical Center in Cape Girardeau.