- Neelys Landing man shot, killed by highway patrol trooper after traffic stop (05/01/16)43
- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)49
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- River Ridge Winery changes hands (05/02/16)
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)40
- 2016 All-Missourian Boys Basketball (04/29/16)
- Statement: Man says cops’ good work drove him to grow his own marijuana (05/01/16)1
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- Hopper Road to close for months during construction of Veterans Drive (04/27/16)9
Sikeston police search for robbery suspects
SIKESTON, Mo. -- Police are searching for two men in connection with a strong-armed robbery Thursday morning.
At 6:18 a.m., the Sikeston Department of Public Safety received a phone call in reference to the robbery at 308 E. Kathleen St. A man reported that as he was walking out of his house to go to work, he was jumped by two males.
The man's wallet was stolen, but later recovered with the cash missing, said Capt. John Martin of the Department of Public Safety.
Officers are now searching for the two suspects, both men in their mid- to late 20s. They were last seen running east from the scene, Martin said.
Anyone with further information about the incident is asked to call the department at 573-471-6200 or the CrimeStoppers line, 573-471-1500.