- Neelys Landing man shot, killed by highway patrol trooper after traffic stop (05/01/16)43
- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)49
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- River Ridge Winery changes hands (05/02/16)
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)40
- 2016 All-Missourian Boys Basketball (04/29/16)
- Statement: Man says copsí good work drove him to grow his own marijuana (05/01/16)1
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- Hopper Road to close for months during construction of Veterans Drive (04/27/16)9
Alene Catherine Heuring, 79, of Scott City died Oct. 1, 2010, in Orlando, Fla.
She was born Dec. 24, 1930, to Albert John and Vernetta Julia Burger Scherer.
She married Elmer George Heuring on Sept. 11, 1948, in New Hamburg, Mo. He preceded her in death on Feb. 6, 2005.
She was a homemaker, a member of St. Augustine Catholic Church in Kelso, Mo., St. Anne's Sodality, VFW Ladies Auxiliary 6407 and Knights of Columbus Ladies Auxiliary 6420.
She is survived by two daughters, Diane (Darrel) Minor and Karen Heuring, both of Kelso; four grandchildren, Suzan Glover, Teresa Wilhelm, David Minor, Jonathan Heuring; a stepgrandchild, Jacob Little; and four great-grandchildren, Brendan and Kyle Glover and David and Miley Minor.
In addition to her parents and husband, a brother, a son, a daughter and a grandchild preceded her in death.
Visitation will be from 4 to 8 p.m. today at St. Augustine Catholic Church in Kelso. Parish prayers will be at 6:30 p.m.
Funeral Mass will be at 10 a.m. Wednesday at the church, with the Rev. Oliver Clavin as celebrant.
Burial will be in St. Augustine Cemetery in Kelso.
Amick-Burnett Funeral Chapel was in charge of arrangements.