- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)47
- Neelys Landing man shot, killed by highway patrol trooper after traffic stop (05/01/16)43
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)40
- 2016 All-Missourian Boys Basketball (04/29/16)
- Statement: Man says cops’ good work drove him to grow his own marijuana (05/01/16)1
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- River Ridge Winery changes hands (05/02/16)
Cape Girardeau school district to hold forum on improvement plan
Cape Girardeau Public Schools will hold a public forum to unveil a revised Comprehensive School Improvement Plan at 6 p.m., Monday, Oct. 11, at the Central Middle School cafeteria. The district has been working on the revised plan for nearly a year. The last plan was adopted in 2005 and updated in 2007.
The Missouri Department of Elementary and Secondary Education provides five major goals that must be included in the plan. The district develops objectives, strategies and action steps to address each goal. All patrons of the district are invited to attend.
"The goal is to develop a plan that can guide our school district for the next five years as the district continues to improve Cape public schools," said superintendent Jim Welker.
1900 Thilenius St., Cape Girardeau, MO