- College algebra to be removed from Southeast required curriculum (10/10/17)1
- State declares test results for schools invalid (10/4/17)2
- Child-custody advocate: State law needs fix to provide parents with more equal custody (10/12/17)
- Cape Chinese restaurant purchases old Ponderosa property in Perryville (10/10/17)
- One of Cape's oldest mom-and-pop restaurants opens in new location (10/10/17)
- Past Rowdy the Redhawk mascot's identity revealed (10/15/17)
- Cancer will 'change your life, but it doesn't have to rule it' (10/8/17)
- Bills addressing equal child custody to be filed, legislators say (10/13/17)
- Ships to stay docked in Cape a week longer (10/10/17)
- Janet Koenig creates painted quilts to add flair to local barns (10/13/17)
Sowers is a leader
As a historian devoted to understanding our democracy's unmatched capacity to heal itself, I'm writing to support Tommy Sowers for three simple reasons:1. Experience. This Green Beret is a decorated combat veteran who defended our country for 11 years. Tommy stood up to terrorists in the desert; he'll stand up to both party's leadership and special interests in Washington.
2. Values. Tommy is pro-life and pro-gun. His commitment to strengthening American manufacturing and farming, creating conditions for small businesses to thrive and ending the bailouts that accelerate our debt is solidly middle-class.
3. New blood. Our great nation is once again challenged, and Congress is not getting the job done. Jo Ann Emerson is part of the problem. She's been in D.C. too long, she's too cozy with special interests, and, quite frankly, she's a follower -- voting with her party over 90 percent of the time, even when it doesn't benefit rural Missouri.
We need new leadership to move America forward. Support Tommy Sowers. www.tommysowers.com
JOEL P. RHODES, 2001 Yorktown, Cape Girardeau, MO 63701