- Harbor Freight Tools plans to move ahead with Cape Girardeau store (12/5/17)2
- Feds ask judge to impose $6.5 million punishment for Cape surgeon (12/7/17)9
- Business Notebook: Yule Log Cabin gets home feel honestly (12/4/17)
- Former Wimpy's Drive-In owner Freeman Lewis dies (12/9/17)2
- Makeover at the movies: Transformation complete inside Cape theater (12/8/17)4
- Sugarfire Cape barbecue restaurant to open June 2018 (12/7/17)
- Rep. Lichtenegger proposes change to term limits (12/4/17)7
- Fire displaces family of seven (12/5/17)1
- Buffalo Wild Wings moving to new location in March (12/2/17)2
- Fruitland Army veteran spends weeks helping in ravaged Puerto Rico (12/5/17)2
Sowers is a leader
As a historian devoted to understanding our democracy's unmatched capacity to heal itself, I'm writing to support Tommy Sowers for three simple reasons:1. Experience. This Green Beret is a decorated combat veteran who defended our country for 11 years. Tommy stood up to terrorists in the desert; he'll stand up to both party's leadership and special interests in Washington.
2. Values. Tommy is pro-life and pro-gun. His commitment to strengthening American manufacturing and farming, creating conditions for small businesses to thrive and ending the bailouts that accelerate our debt is solidly middle-class.
3. New blood. Our great nation is once again challenged, and Congress is not getting the job done. Jo Ann Emerson is part of the problem. She's been in D.C. too long, she's too cozy with special interests, and, quite frankly, she's a follower -- voting with her party over 90 percent of the time, even when it doesn't benefit rural Missouri.
We need new leadership to move America forward. Support Tommy Sowers. www.tommysowers.com
JOEL P. RHODES, 2001 Yorktown, Cape Girardeau, MO 63701