Cape Girardeau City Council agenda 10/4/10
Monday, October 4, 2010
401 Independence St.
Study session, 5 p.m. today
Meeting, 7 p.m.
Study session items for discussion
* Planning and Zoning Commission report
* Casino traffic study -- Dick Meister, Isle of Capri
* Required prescription for certain cold medications -- Mayor Harry Rediger
* Peripheral zoning -- council member Mark Lanzotti
* Appearances regarding items not on agenda
* Agenda review
* Appointment to Airport Advisory Board
* Memo regarding animal control ordinance -- police chief Carl Kinnison
* Memo regarding noise ordinance -- Carl Kinnison
* A public hearing to consider vacating the city's interest in a portion of Frederick Street from Mason Street to Olive Street.
* A public hearing regarding the request of Good Shepherd Lutheran Church and Wireless Asset Group LLC to rezone the property at 1904 W. Cape Rock Drive, from R-1, single-family suburban residential district, to the PD, planned development district, and for a special-use permit to construct a 150-foot stealth telecommunication tower and fenced-in compound on the property.
* An ordinance approving the record plat of Timon Way Second Subdivision. Second and third reading.
* An ordinance accepting a permanent water easement from Donald H. Froemsdorf and Joy L. Froemsdorf, trustees of the Donald H. Froemsdorf and Joy L. Froemsdorf Revocable Living Trust, for the LaSalle Avenue waterline project. Second and third reading.
* A resolution acknowledging receipt of an annexation petition from Lynwood Baptist Church and setting a public hearing regarding the proposed annexation. Reading and passage.
* A resolution acknowledging receipt of an annexation petition from Fruitland Livestock Market Inc. and setting a public hearing regarding the proposed annexation. Reading and passage.
* A resolution authorizing the city manager to execute a license and indemnity agreement with Bethany Baptist Church for parking lot improvements. Reading and passage.
* A resolution authorizing the city manager to accept a grant from the Missouri Foundation for Health for cycling improvements in the city and to execute all necessary grant documents.
* A resolution approving a project for the Cape Retirement Community Inc. to be financed by the Industrial Development Authority of Cape Girardeau County. Reading and passage.
* A motion rejecting all bids received Sept. 15 for the raw water supply well foundations, pumps and controls, and authorizing the design consultant to rework the plans to accommodate cost saving alternatives.
* A resolution authorizing the city manager to send to the Cape Girardeau County Commission the prepared draft of information regarding peripheral zoning, asking it to take action.
* An ordinance vacating the city's interest in a portion of unimproved street right of way on Frederick Street, between Mason Street and Olive Street. First reading.
* An ordinance amending Chapter 30 of the Code of Ordinances by changing the zoning of 1904 W. Cape Rock Drive from R-1 to PD. First reading.
* An ordinance granting a special-use permit to Good Shepherd Lutheran Chapel and Wireless Asset Group, LLC, for purposes of constructing, maintaining and operating a telecommunication tower and fenced compound at 1904 W. Cape Rock Drive. First reading.
* An ordinance amending Schedule C of Section 26-121 of the city code, by repealing stop signs at Fountain Street and Morgan Oak Street, and establishing stop signs at William Street and Fountain Street and Good Hope Street and Fountain Street. First reading.
* An ordinance amending Schedule K of Section 26-121 of the city code, by placing yield signs at the intersections of Morgan Oak Street and Fountain Street. First reading.
* An ordinance amending Schedule J of Section 26-135 of the city code, establishing a one-way roundabout at Morgan Oak Street and Fountain Street. First reading.
* An ordinance amending Schedule C of Section 26-121 of the city code by establishing a stop sign on Dunklin Street at Penny Avenue. First reading.
* Appointment to the Airport Advisory Board.