- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)46
- Neelys Landing man shot, killed by highway patrol trooper after traffic stop (05/01/16)42
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)40
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- 2016 All-Missourian Boys Basketball (04/29/16)
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- Law firm requests information about Cape's traffic cameras (04/25/16)3
- Local lawmakers split over failed medical marijuana bill; voters may have a say (04/26/16)19
Two teens injured in separate Sunday accidents
A Cape Girardeau and a Jackson teenager were injured in separate early Sunday morning accidents in Cape Girardeau County.
The first accident occurred around 12:40 a.m. on Cape Girardeau County Road 618 east of Route W when 16-year-old Brooke P. Baugher ran off the right side of the road and struck a tree.
According to the Missouri State Highway Patrol, Baugher was taken to Southeast Hospital in Cape Girardeau and treated for moderate injuries.
The second accident occurred around 2:30 a.m. on U.S. Highway 61 just north of Fruitland. In an accident report, the highway patrol wrote that 16-year-old Charles Strop of Jackson traveled off the right side of the road and when he hit the ditch rolled his vehicle. Strop was ejected from his 1998 Honda.
He was transported to Saint Francis Medical Center in Cape Girardeau to be treated for serious injuries.