- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)48
- Neelys Landing man shot, killed by highway patrol trooper after traffic stop (05/01/16)43
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)40
- 2016 All-Missourian Boys Basketball (04/29/16)
- Statement: Man says copsí good work drove him to grow his own marijuana (05/01/16)1
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- River Ridge Winery changes hands (05/02/16)
Military group endorses Carnahan
ST. LOUIS -- Citing her strong support for the U.S. armed forces and her commitment to Missouri's military families, Veterans and Military Families for Progress has announced its endorsement of Robin Carnahan for U.S. Senate.
In a news release, the organization highlighted Carnahan's work across party lines as secretary of state to pass the Veterans Business Protection Act, which the group said makes it easier for those serving overseas to keep their businesses in good standing with the state after they return home.
Carnahan also recently launched Veterans for Robin to bring together Missourians who "share her commitment to honoring our veterans," the release said.