- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)46
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)40
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- Law firm requests information about Cape's traffic cameras (04/25/16)3
- Local lawmakers split over failed medical marijuana bill; voters may have a say (04/26/16)19
- Local company makes eco-friendly kitty litter that cuts cat-box smell (04/25/16)
- Man accused of pointing BB gun at Chaffee resident (04/26/16)2
4-year-old Jackson girl killed in Friday accident near Fruitland
A 4-year-old Jackson girl was struck and killed by a truck Friday evening at a Fruitland-area mobile home park.
MaKayla A. Overy was pronounced dead at Saint Francis Medical Center in Cape Girardeau at 6:25 p.m., about a half-hour after first responders were called to Mulberry Acres mobile home park on Legend Drive, according to the Missouri State Highway Patrol. MaKayla would have turned 5 on Monday.
The incident occurred when the truck, driven by Melissa M. Morgan, 58, of Jackson, turned onto Legend Drive and struck Ovary.
There was no word on charges Saturday evening.