- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)45
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)6
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- Law firm requests information about Cape's traffic cameras (04/25/16)2
- Local lawmakers split over failed medical marijuana bill; voters may have a say (04/26/16)19
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)35
- Tanker truck catches fire near Oak Ridge (04/24/16)7
- Local company makes eco-friendly kitty litter that cuts cat-box smell (04/25/16)
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
Meadow Heights cruises past Greenville
Meadow Heights only surrendered five points in its first-game win on its way to a sweep of Greenville in volleyball action Friday.
Erin Bollmann paced the Panthers with seven kills in their 25-5, 25-20 win.
Whitney Welker added five kills, while Jillian Mills had three kills and three aces for Meadow Heights (12-6).
|Oak Ridge||25||25 Christ Our Savior||8||13|
Audrey Hunt had four kills in helping the Blue Jays improve to 3-11.
Keighlyn Lincoln had six digs, while Bailey King and Ashley Acup both added five digs for the Cardinals (3-15) in the road loss.
JV -- Woodland won 25-13, 25-23
The Hornets fell at home.
Agape 2, Eagle Ridge 0
The Eagles dropped both matches they played at home.
Eagle Ridge lost 24-26, 16-25 in the first match, then dropped the second 39-37, 23-25, 25-20.
Lyndse Hamby had three aces, eight kills and 15 digs, while Megan Woodall had five assists and seven digs in the first match.
Bethany Miget added four kills and five digs in the loss.
Hamby had 27 kills and 14 digs, while Woodall added 20 assists and 13 digs in the second match.
Heather Wiseman had 18 assists, while Hannah Heff had 12 digs for Eagle Ridge (11-6).
Clayton 123, Hazelwood West 109, Central 90
The Tigers' 200 and 400 freestyle relays both won.
Caleb Coots and Jordan Gramling both took first in two individual events.
200 medley relay -- 3. Central (Jordan Gramling, Blake Kidd, Sam Rhodes, Pablo Jaramillo) 2:01.20
200 individual medley -- 1. Caleb Coots (C) 2:06.78
50 freestyle -- 1. Gramling (C) 23.18
100 butterfly -- 1. Coots (C) 56.61
500 freestyle -- 1. Gramling (C) 5:11.81
200 freestyle relay -- 1. Central (Prithvi Rudrappa, Rhodes, P. Jaramillo, Coots) 1:43.79
100 breaststroke -- 3. P. Jaramillo (C) 1:18.10
400 freestyle relay -- 1. Central (Alvaro Jaramillo, Rudrappa, Gramling, Coots) 3:52.64
Delta 15, Saxony Lutheran 2
Megan Perry doubled and recorded three RBIs in the win.
Courtney Beggs went 3 for 3, while Samantha Bartels had three RBIs for the Bobcats (5-15).
Myra Henson knocked in three runs and picked up the win in the circle with four strikeouts.
WP -- Myra Henson, 5-12. LP -- Kelsey James. 2B -- Megan Perry (D). Multiple hits -- Delta: Courtney Beggs 3-3, Henson 2-4. Records -- Delta 5-15.
-- From staff reports