- Woman's post about 'Back the Blue' sign in Jackson coffee shop prompts firing from nearby bar (8/15/17)11
- Scott City man dies in motorcycle crash near Millersville (8/13/17)
- Sands Pancake House moving to Morgan Oak location (8/11/17)1
- Stoogefest headliner cancels, cites NAACP travel advisory in Missouri (8/15/17)2
- How to save a life: Lifeguards resuscitated young girl at Cape Splash (8/17/17)2
- Teen convicted of shooting area woman in 2015 (8/13/17)
- Man accused of making terror threats against dental office (8/13/17)
- Councilman: Scott City mayor, city administrator resigned (8/15/17)4
- Cape movie theater to feature recliners, new food and drink options (8/11/17)3
- Woman dies in house fire in Cape Girardeau County (8/16/17)
Amy McDonald is new director of Cape Foundation
A former president and vice president of Clippard Elementary PTA and office manager of a local business, Amy McDonald was hired to take the reins of the Cape Girardeau Public School District Foundation. She is the mother of two children attending Cape Public Schools and a former Foundation President and Vice President.
McDonald served as meet director for the Gator Swim Team for two years as well as several other civic efforts. She attended Webster Groves High School and Southeast Missouri State University.
The Foundation is a fund-raising organization which provides resources to enrich teaching, inspire learning and enhance opportunities for the district's students.
"We want to motivate parents, business and the community to participate with the school district in enriching education," McDonald said. "We will recognize teachers for creative and innovative efforts and we will strive to promote the idea that everyone in the community is responsible for quality public education," the new director said.