- 3 charged with burglarizing Scott City bar (10/14/16)4
- West Park Mall to be closed Thanksgiving (10/14/16)2
- Shooting injures two people in Cape early Tuesday (10/19/16)33
- Perry County: A great place to find home away from home (10/14/16)
- Tours provide a glimpse of Cape Girardeau's supposedly haunted past (10/17/16)1
- Cape Girardeau County: A great place to grab a bite (10/14/16)1
- Man charged after cops try to cuff him in his sleep (10/14/16)9
- Three weeks and then what? (10/18/16)1
- Suspected attacker of Southeast student apprehended (10/19/16)5
- Mom jailed with daughter after mailing drug to her (10/16/16)
Amy McDonald is new director of Cape Foundation
A former president and vice president of Clippard Elementary PTA and office manager of a local business, Amy McDonald was hired to take the reins of the Cape Girardeau Public School District Foundation. She is the mother of two children attending Cape Public Schools and a former Foundation President and Vice President.
McDonald served as meet director for the Gator Swim Team for two years as well as several other civic efforts. She attended Webster Groves High School and Southeast Missouri State University.
The Foundation is a fund-raising organization which provides resources to enrich teaching, inspire learning and enhance opportunities for the district's students.
"We want to motivate parents, business and the community to participate with the school district in enriching education," McDonald said. "We will recognize teachers for creative and innovative efforts and we will strive to promote the idea that everyone in the community is responsible for quality public education," the new director said.