- Neelys Landing man shot, killed by highway patrol trooper after traffic stop (05/01/16)43
- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)49
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- River Ridge Winery changes hands (05/02/16)
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)40
- 2016 All-Missourian Boys Basketball (04/29/16)
- Statement: Man says cops’ good work drove him to grow his own marijuana (05/01/16)1
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- Hopper Road to close for months during construction of Veterans Drive (04/27/16)9
Amy McDonald is new director of Cape Foundation
A former president and vice president of Clippard Elementary PTA and office manager of a local business, Amy McDonald was hired to take the reins of the Cape Girardeau Public School District Foundation. She is the mother of two children attending Cape Public Schools and a former Foundation President and Vice President.
McDonald served as meet director for the Gator Swim Team for two years as well as several other civic efforts. She attended Webster Groves High School and Southeast Missouri State University.
The Foundation is a fund-raising organization which provides resources to enrich teaching, inspire learning and enhance opportunities for the district's students.
"We want to motivate parents, business and the community to participate with the school district in enriching education," McDonald said. "We will recognize teachers for creative and innovative efforts and we will strive to promote the idea that everyone in the community is responsible for quality public education," the new director said.