- Krispy Kreme coming to Cape Girardeau (12/14/17)2
- Light and music show: Jackson family goes high-tech with Christmas display (12/11/17)
- Two Cape County residents, including former Jackson police officer, face burglary charges in Colorado (12/12/17)
- Cape schools to get two new principals, assistant superintendent (12/13/17)1
- Two men shot in Cape Girardeau (12/16/17)1
- Kelso resident brings home $60K in lottery winnings (12/14/17)
- Pedestrian struck on Broadway (12/11/17)4
- Insurance building's renovation part of Coalter family's commitment to region (12/15/17)3
- Three-vehicle wreck ends up with parked car crashing through business wall (12/16/17)3
- Wind brings down Wendy's sign in Cape Girardeau (12/11/17)2
Amy McDonald is new director of Cape Foundation
A former president and vice president of Clippard Elementary PTA and office manager of a local business, Amy McDonald was hired to take the reins of the Cape Girardeau Public School District Foundation. She is the mother of two children attending Cape Public Schools and a former Foundation President and Vice President.
McDonald served as meet director for the Gator Swim Team for two years as well as several other civic efforts. She attended Webster Groves High School and Southeast Missouri State University.
The Foundation is a fund-raising organization which provides resources to enrich teaching, inspire learning and enhance opportunities for the district's students.
"We want to motivate parents, business and the community to participate with the school district in enriching education," McDonald said. "We will recognize teachers for creative and innovative efforts and we will strive to promote the idea that everyone in the community is responsible for quality public education," the new director said.