- 3 charged with burglarizing Scott City bar (10/14/16)4
- Shooting injures two people in Cape early Tuesday (10/19/16)34
- Perry County: A great place to find home away from home (10/14/16)
- Tours provide a glimpse of Cape Girardeau's supposedly haunted past (10/17/16)1
- Cape Girardeau County: A great place to grab a bite (10/14/16)2
- 'I feel for them' (10/20/16)1
- 18-year-old killed in one-car crash Thursday morning (10/21/16)1
- Benton man accused of statutory rape, selling pot (10/20/16)1
- Three weeks and then what? (10/18/16)2
- Suspected attacker of Southeast student apprehended (10/19/16)5
Miller Masters The 600 Nationals Finale
LITTLE ROCK, Ark. (September 25, 2010) -- Joe B. Miller etched his name into the record books as the winner of I-30 Speedway's Fifth Annual 600 Nationals presented by Hoosier Tires championship finale by taking the $3,500 winner's share in Saturday night's 30-lap main event.
The 19-year-old from Millersville, MO, gunned into the lead from the front row outside and led all 30 rounds to become the fourth different winner of the event, adding his name to the list of past 600 Nationals championship that includes Travis Senter, Jr. (twice), Jerrod Wilson and Jason Lair.
Miller and Pennsylvania's Brock Zearfoss battled for the point much of the way in Saturday's finale before another Keystone State rep, Michael Dicely, moved by Zearfoss into second in the closing rounds. Dicely closed the gap on Miller but ran out of laps, with Miller taking the checkered flag just 0.214-seconds ahead of Dicely.
Zearfoss settled for the show position, with Kansas contender Nate Fleming climbing from the sixth row to fourth by race's end. After advancing from "B" Main action, Travis Senter, Jr., charged from 18th to round out the top five.
Christopher Bell was sixth, with 20th-starter Tyson Hall, Ryan Greth, Scott Sawyer and 17th-starter Tyler DeVault completing the top ten.