- Neelys Landing man shot, killed by highway patrol trooper after traffic stop (05/01/16)43
- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)49
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- River Ridge Winery changes hands (05/02/16)
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)40
- 2016 All-Missourian Boys Basketball (04/29/16)
- Statement: Man says cops’ good work drove him to grow his own marijuana (05/01/16)1
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- Hopper Road to close for months during construction of Veterans Drive (04/27/16)9
Man sought in connection with Charleston shooting
CHARLESTON, Mo. -- Police were searching Friday for a Charleston man in connection to the Thursday shooting of another local man.
Charleston Department of Public Safety chief Robert E. Hearnes said about 5:30 p.m. Thursday, the department received a 911 call of a 36-year-old man with a gunshot wound at the Bertrand Nursing Home in Bertrand, Mo. Medical personnel and the Mississippi County Sheriff's Department were dispatched to the scene, the chief said.
Hearnes said the victim, who was shot in the back, was in stable condition Friday morning. Officials were not releasing the victim's name.
After interviewing several witnesses, the department was seeking a person of interest, George Moore of Charleston.
Anyone with knowledge of the whereabouts of Moore or any information concerning this crime is asked to contact the Charleston Department of Public Safety at 573-683-3737.