- Krispy Kreme coming to Cape Girardeau (12/14/17)2
- Light and music show: Jackson family goes high-tech with Christmas display (12/11/17)
- Cape schools to get two new principals, assistant superintendent (12/13/17)1
- Former Wimpy's Drive-In owner Freeman Lewis dies (12/9/17)2
- Two Cape County residents, including former Jackson police officer, face burglary charges in Colorado (12/12/17)
- Jury convicts Scott City man who confessed to murder; girlfriend's testimony corroborates confession (12/9/17)
- Kelso resident brings home $60K in lottery winnings (12/14/17)
- Pedestrian struck on Broadway (12/11/17)4
- Wind brings down Wendy's sign in Cape Girardeau (12/11/17)2
- Feds ask judge to impose $6.5 million punishment for Cape surgeon (12/7/17)9
CASA Seeks Volunteers
CASA volunteers are everyday heroes who have the power to change children's lives. Each year, more than half--a-million abused and neglected children are removed from their homes and enter the court system as victims of abuse, neglect, or abandonment. These children need a voice! CASA volunteers make a difference in a child's life through their advocacy on behalf of children.
Court Appointed Special Advocates (CASA) of Southeast Missouri, Inc. will be training a new class of volunteer child advocates beginning on October 26, 2010. CASA volunteers are people from the community who are trained and appointed by a judge to represent the best interests of children in court. These volunteers come from all walks of life but they all have one thing in common, they believe in the right of every child to be heard.
CASA of Southeast Missouri serves the 32nd Judicial Circuit, including the counties of Cape Girardeau, Bollinger, and Perry. CASA volunteers must be 21 years of age or older, undergo a criminal background check, complete 30 hours of pre-service training, and commit to working at least one case. Training and materials are provided without cost. For more information about becoming a CASA volunteer call 573-335-1726, email email@example.com or visit our website at www.capecasa.com.