- Marble Hill fires entire sewer department (8/23/16)4
- Ex-Southeast student gets probation for placing homemade sex video on porn site without woman's knowledge (8/24/16)11
- Witness says he saw man shoot Domorlo McCaster (8/19/16)2
- Southeast imposes 'interim suspension' of Sigma Nu fraternity over vandalism incident (8/19/16)21
- The Chrome Queens (8/21/16)2
- Pitmasters to descend on Arena Park for Cape BBQ Fest (8/19/16)2
- Local private school dreams bigger, plans for new building at Sprigg and Lexington (8/22/16)
- Bootheel lawmaker seeks probe into crop damage by illegal herbicide spraying (8/24/16)1
- Newsmakers 2016: Jason Bandermann (8/15/16)
- Gender-neutral restrooms now available at Southeast (8/18/16)38
CASA Seeks Volunteers
CASA volunteers are everyday heroes who have the power to change children's lives. Each year, more than half--a-million abused and neglected children are removed from their homes and enter the court system as victims of abuse, neglect, or abandonment. These children need a voice! CASA volunteers make a difference in a child's life through their advocacy on behalf of children.
Court Appointed Special Advocates (CASA) of Southeast Missouri, Inc. will be training a new class of volunteer child advocates beginning on October 26, 2010. CASA volunteers are people from the community who are trained and appointed by a judge to represent the best interests of children in court. These volunteers come from all walks of life but they all have one thing in common, they believe in the right of every child to be heard.
CASA of Southeast Missouri serves the 32nd Judicial Circuit, including the counties of Cape Girardeau, Bollinger, and Perry. CASA volunteers must be 21 years of age or older, undergo a criminal background check, complete 30 hours of pre-service training, and commit to working at least one case. Training and materials are provided without cost. For more information about becoming a CASA volunteer call 573-335-1726, email firstname.lastname@example.org or visit our website at www.capecasa.com.