- Few Southeast students face suspension, expulsion for sexual assaults, campus paper finds (4/25/17)5
- Pilot House goes smoke-free (4/23/17)10
- Woman battered after smashing boyfriend's meth pipe against wall, police say (4/25/17)
- Event includes the first public tour of 200-year-old Elmwood Manor (4/23/17)3
- BBB warns Jackson man's online business might not be legit (4/24/17)
- Cape councilman Bob Fox to run for mayor (4/21/17)5
- Cape couple turns their home into cozy, comfortable music venue (4/24/17)
- Perryville family organizing bone-marrow drive Friday for ailing 6-year-old boy (4/26/17)
- Without city record, Marie Street residents on hook for thousands in sewer repairs (4/19/17)7
- Sikeston man charged in shooting death of Cape man (4/23/17)
CASA Seeks Volunteers
CASA volunteers are everyday heroes who have the power to change children's lives. Each year, more than half--a-million abused and neglected children are removed from their homes and enter the court system as victims of abuse, neglect, or abandonment. These children need a voice! CASA volunteers make a difference in a child's life through their advocacy on behalf of children.
Court Appointed Special Advocates (CASA) of Southeast Missouri, Inc. will be training a new class of volunteer child advocates beginning on October 26, 2010. CASA volunteers are people from the community who are trained and appointed by a judge to represent the best interests of children in court. These volunteers come from all walks of life but they all have one thing in common, they believe in the right of every child to be heard.
CASA of Southeast Missouri serves the 32nd Judicial Circuit, including the counties of Cape Girardeau, Bollinger, and Perry. CASA volunteers must be 21 years of age or older, undergo a criminal background check, complete 30 hours of pre-service training, and commit to working at least one case. Training and materials are provided without cost. For more information about becoming a CASA volunteer call 573-335-1726, email firstname.lastname@example.org or visit our website at www.capecasa.com.