- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)46
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)7
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)38
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- Law firm requests information about Cape's traffic cameras (04/25/16)2
- Local lawmakers split over failed medical marijuana bill; voters may have a say (04/26/16)19
- Local company makes eco-friendly kitty litter that cuts cat-box smell (04/25/16)
- Man accused of pointing BB gun at Chaffee resident (04/26/16)2
League of Women Voters hosts candidate and issues forum Tuesday in Cape Girardeau
Candidates for local office will take submitted questions from the public at the League of Women Voters of Southeast Missouri voter forum. In addition to the question-and-answer segment, there will be a "Casino in Cape" panel discussion with citizen groups.
The forum will be at 7 p.m. Tuesday at the Cape Girardeau Career and Technology Center. Questions for candidates may be submitted at www.lwvsemo.org or at the forum.
Candidates scheduled to appear are Republican Donna Lichtenegger, candidate for the 157th District of the Missouri House of Representatives; Republican Wayne Wallingford, candidate for the 158th District; Democrat Bill Burlison, Republican Billy Pat Wright, candidates for the 159th District; Clint Tracy, Republican candidate for Cape Girardeau County presiding commissioner; Pat Wissman, Democrat candidate for presiding commissioner; and Scott R. Clark, Republican candidate for Cape Girardeau County recorder of deeds.
1080 S. Silver Springs Road, Cape Girardeau, MO