- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)37
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- Ray's of Kelso, Plaza by Ray's to change ownership; Fonn to buy enterprise (04/20/16)3
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)4
- Cape council approves nearly $1M in park, sculpture projects with little public discussion (04/22/16)37
- Law firm requests information about Cape's traffic cameras (04/25/16)2
- Tanker truck catches fire near Oak Ridge (04/24/16)7
- Local lawmakers split over failed medical marijuana bill; voters may have a say (04/26/16)19
- Local company makes eco-friendly kitty litter that cuts cat-box smell (04/25/16)
Marcus K. Rogers, 72, of Cape Girardeau died Wednesday, Sept. 29, 2010.
He was born Aug. 11, 1938, in Cape Girardeau, to John Edward and Violet Curry Rogers.
He was a business agent with Craftsman International Union and was past secretary/treasurer.
Survivors include four daughters, Violet Rogers of Fulton, Mo., Roxie Lavine of St. Louis, Bethany Rogers of Ballwin, Mo., Sherri Rogers of Chesterfield, Mo.; a son, Marcus Rogers II of St. Louis; a stepdaughter, Connie Nelsen of Arnold, Mo.; two brothers, Ron Rogers of St. Louis, Joe Rogers of Nogales, Mexico; 10 grandchildren; and eight great-grandchildren.
He was preceded in death by his parents, wife and two stepsons.
Friends may call from 4 to 8 p.m. Sunday at Ford and Sons Sprigg Street Funeral Home.
The funeral will be at 11 a.m. Monday at the funeral home, with the Rev. Bill Kitchen officiating. Entombment will be in Cape County Memorial Park Mausoleum.
Online condolences may be made at www.fordandsonsfuneralhome.com.