- Cape teacher accused of assaulting student at football game (10/23/16)41
- Pedestrian killed during traffic collision on I-55 (10/23/16)9
- Scott County Sheriff Rick Walter faces challenge from criminal investigator Wes Drury (10/21/16)9
- 18-year-old killed in one-car crash Thursday morning (10/21/16)1
- One issue reveals Clinton's character (10/25/16)18
- Man arrested after dispute at school spurs brief lockdown (10/21/16)6
- One victim IDs his attacker in shooting that killed woman (10/25/16)1
- 'I feel for them' (10/20/16)1
- Hundreds turn out for VintageNOW fundraiser (10/23/16)3
- R.P. Lumber chain buys Southeast Missouri Builders Supply in Cape (10/25/16)7
Best bet: 'Once on This Island'
"Once on this Island," the high energy, fast-paced, Caribbean interpretation of "The Little Mermaid" continues this weekend with performances at 7:30 p.m. today and Saturday and the last show at 2 p.m. Sunday. The Southeast Missouri State University's department of theater and dance put together the musical as the season opener for the student shows. "Once on this Island" is the story of Ti Moune, who gets rescued from a storm as a child, grows up in poverty and saves the life of a boy from the rich side of the island. The two fall in love and must overcome obstacles to stay together. Tickets are $19 and $16 and available at the River Campus box office, at 651-2265 or keyword "once" on metrotix.com.