- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)46
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)38
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- Law firm requests information about Cape's traffic cameras (04/25/16)2
- Local lawmakers split over failed medical marijuana bill; voters may have a say (04/26/16)19
- Local company makes eco-friendly kitty litter that cuts cat-box smell (04/25/16)
- Man accused of pointing BB gun at Chaffee resident (04/26/16)2
Best bet: 'Once on This Island'
"Once on this Island," the high energy, fast-paced, Caribbean interpretation of "The Little Mermaid" continues this weekend with performances at 7:30 p.m. today and Saturday and the last show at 2 p.m. Sunday. The Southeast Missouri State University's department of theater and dance put together the musical as the season opener for the student shows. "Once on this Island" is the story of Ti Moune, who gets rescued from a storm as a child, grows up in poverty and saves the life of a boy from the rich side of the island. The two fall in love and must overcome obstacles to stay together. Tickets are $19 and $16 and available at the River Campus box office, at 651-2265 or keyword "once" on metrotix.com.