- Cape man gets 8 years for robbery, his first offense (12/7/16)9
- 3 students in custody for violent threat; no details released (12/9/16)15
- Abuse suspect tries to take cop's gun; officer zaps him with Taser and punches his face (12/7/16)3
- Group seeks to create a neighborhood park on Cape Girardeau's south side (12/7/16)14
- Man sentenced to 103 years for murder of Cape woman (12/6/16)4
- Cape may allow residents to keep chickens; residents at meeting push for measure (12/6/16)34
- Poplar Bluff man accused of enticement, child porn in Scott County sting operation (12/4/16)
- Burglary suspect apprehended inside Jackson garage (12/4/16)
- Company to start recruiting businesses to Jackson, Cape (12/9/16)15
- 13 venues, 60 sponsors participating in Happy Slapowitz's Toy Bash on Thursday (12/7/16)2
Best bet: 'Once on This Island'
"Once on this Island," the high energy, fast-paced, Caribbean interpretation of "The Little Mermaid" continues this weekend with performances at 7:30 p.m. today and Saturday and the last show at 2 p.m. Sunday. The Southeast Missouri State University's department of theater and dance put together the musical as the season opener for the student shows. "Once on this Island" is the story of Ti Moune, who gets rescued from a storm as a child, grows up in poverty and saves the life of a boy from the rich side of the island. The two fall in love and must overcome obstacles to stay together. Tickets are $19 and $16 and available at the River Campus box office, at 651-2265 or keyword "once" on metrotix.com.