- Cape teacher accused of assaulting student at football game (10/23/16)41
- Police: Nurse assistant stole ring from patient's finger (10/27/16)10
- Pedestrian killed during traffic collision on I-55 (10/23/16)9
- One issue reveals Clinton's character (10/25/16)21
- Scott County Sheriff Rick Walter faces challenge from criminal investigator Wes Drury (10/21/16)10
- One victim IDs his attacker in shooting that killed woman (10/25/16)1
- Hundreds turn out for VintageNOW fundraiser (10/23/16)3
- R.P. Lumber chain buys Southeast Missouri Builders Supply in Cape (10/25/16)7
- Crews are working on the new Drury Hotel (10/21/16)4
- Cape teacher resigns after accusation of assaulting student at football game (10/26/16)11
Speak Out 10/1/10
Public school results
WHAT do you expect from a government-run school? Cape Girardeau public schools want more money. What's been done with the money from the last bond issue? I need to see some results from this bond issue before I consider a donation.
TO the author of the Speak Out comment titled "Casino assets": By the time you ended your comment, you indicated that the area around the casino remained crime-infested.
More than money
I think it is important that Cape Girardeau realize that there are things more worth pursuing than money. Do you want your children growing up in such proximity to gambling? The casino boats in St. Louis are close enough. Keep in mind that most religions are uncompromisingly against gambling. Too many good families are affected by gambling addiction already. Ask the families of victims of this disease if the perceived benefits are worth the costs.
Obama's track record
TO the person who praised President Obama and said one of his accomplishments is getting us out of Iraq, you evidently haven't learned a thing in the past two years. President Obama may say he's going to do something, but he hasn't done it yet. In fact, more of our young men have been killed recently. I think you're counting your chickens before they hatch.
Fix the flag
I passed by the VFW on Kingshighway the other day and was appalled. The flags in front of the building were faded and torn. You are supposed to be the example. Fix it.