- Golden Corral coming to Cape; may hire 100 workers (7/21/16)8
- Arrest warrants filed for six drug suspects in Cape (7/19/16)6
- Area groups working together to reintroduce elk in Missouri (7/18/16)1
- Suspect in downtown Cape shooting ID'd in court (7/20/16)2
- Prosecutor says shooting by state trooper was justified (7/24/16)14
- Pincksten's newest renovation project: 328 S. Spanish St. (7/17/16)6
- Trooper-involved homicide case rests in prosecutor's hands (7/17/16)15
- Hastings in Cape closing (7/22/16)5
- Jackson's former police dog euthanized Monday (7/21/16)1
- 'I want to see how far I can go' (7/21/16)2
Speak Out 10/1/10
Public school results
WHAT do you expect from a government-run school? Cape Girardeau public schools want more money. What's been done with the money from the last bond issue? I need to see some results from this bond issue before I consider a donation.
TO the author of the Speak Out comment titled "Casino assets": By the time you ended your comment, you indicated that the area around the casino remained crime-infested.
More than money
I think it is important that Cape Girardeau realize that there are things more worth pursuing than money. Do you want your children growing up in such proximity to gambling? The casino boats in St. Louis are close enough. Keep in mind that most religions are uncompromisingly against gambling. Too many good families are affected by gambling addiction already. Ask the families of victims of this disease if the perceived benefits are worth the costs.
Obama's track record
TO the person who praised President Obama and said one of his accomplishments is getting us out of Iraq, you evidently haven't learned a thing in the past two years. President Obama may say he's going to do something, but he hasn't done it yet. In fact, more of our young men have been killed recently. I think you're counting your chickens before they hatch.
Fix the flag
I passed by the VFW on Kingshighway the other day and was appalled. The flags in front of the building were faded and torn. You are supposed to be the example. Fix it.