- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)48
- Neelys Landing man shot, killed by highway patrol trooper after traffic stop (05/01/16)43
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)40
- 2016 All-Missourian Boys Basketball (04/29/16)
- Statement: Man says cops’ good work drove him to grow his own marijuana (05/01/16)1
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- River Ridge Winery changes hands (05/02/16)
Saint Francis names new director of foundation arm
Linda Decker has been named executive director of the Saint Francis Medical Center Foundation.
Decker's position is a newly created one at the hospital. The position of vice president of development and administrative services, held until recently by Wayne Smith, was responsible for the foundation's leadership. That position was eliminated after Smith resigned to take a vice president position at Southeast Missouri Hospital. Smith's other responsibilities have been assigned to other members of the Saint Francis executive team, according to a hospital news release.
Decker joined the foundation in June 2009 as a senior development officer.
"In the time she has been with Saint Francis, Linda already has shown her tremendous talents. I am pleased she has accepted this newly expanded position," said Steven C. Bjelich, hospital president and CEO.
Before coming to Saint Francis, Decker worked as divisional vice president of public relations and event marketing for Macy's Midwest in St. Louis. She has more than 20 years' experience in public relations, media, marketing and event planning.
"I'm looking forward to continued success and building on our momentum at the Saint Francis Medical Center Foundation and to working with all our donors, volunteers and supporters," Decker said. "There is so much opportunity ahead."
Decker's new responsibilities include the management of the hospital's development team, building relationships with both the foundation and The Friends of Saint Francis Board of Directors, increasing the foundation's donor base and broadening grant efforts.
At Saint Francis, Decker led the employee fundraising campaign to its most successful year, has been responsible for the Guardian Angel Program, Pediatric Rooftop Garden project, Luminaries for Life and building the foundation's strategic plan.
She is a graduate of Southeast Missouri State University.
211 Saint Francis Drive, Cape Girardeau, MO