- Two men accused of selling meth to undercover cop (6/22/17)
- Cape man stabbed in head, arm after strip-club incident; skull fractured, police say (6/25/17)3
- Custom cuts: Local hairstylist provides free haircuts to special-needs children (6/26/17)3
- Police: Man grabbed wheel, tried to kill driver and himself in Jackson crash (6/23/17)
- Jackson scores high in survey of residents; better streets, Aldi are high priorities (6/20/17)4
- Annual SEMO District Fair event lineup announced (6/23/17)2
- Marble Hill mayor hires city manager without board approval (6/21/17)4
- Oran town board fired officer before hiring him as police chief; city officials say they can't remember reason for firing (6/25/17)2
- Playing with fire (6/25/17)
- Two charged in theft of jewelry from Cape storage facility (6/23/17)1
ST LOUIS RAMS ALUM TO LEAD CLINIC AT YMCA
ST LOUIS RAMS ALUM TO LEAD CLINIC AT YMCA TROUT LODGE
YMCA Trout Lodge will host St. Louis Rams alum Andy McCollum on Saturday, October 2nd as part of Touch Down Trout Lodge Weekend, a football-themed weekend for guests at Trout Lodge.
McCollum played in 167 over 15 seasons of professional football with the St. Louis Rams, the New Orleans Saints and the Detroit Lions. Standing at 6'4" and weighing 300 pounds, McCollum's successes haven't been limited to professional football.
Touch Down Trout Lodge will include family flag football games, football trivia, three-zone football games, a punt, pass and kick competition and football drills. McCollum will run a football clinic for Trout Lodge guests on Saturday afternoon.
A 2006 Walter Payton Man of the Year finalist, McCollum served as the chair of the Bowl-a-RAM-a , a Rams fundraiser that benefits the Epilepsy Foundation of Metro St. Louis. McCollum also donated tickets to each Rams' home game to the Epilepsy Foundation.
McCollum worked very closely with the Down Syndrome Association where he served as the honorary chair for its annual golf tournament and also hosted a football clinic at Rams Park for kids from the Down Syndrome Association.
McCollum was also involved with Linemen In Motion, where the Rams offensive line serves Thanksgiving dinner to families in need and visits Cardinal Glennon Children's Hospital.
Touch Down Trout Lodge weekend will be held Friday, October 1st -- Sunday, October 3rd at YMCA Trout Lodge in Potosi, Missouri. For more information or to make your family's reservations, please call 1-888-FUN-YMCA or visit www.troutlodge.org/TouchDown.
The YMCA of the Ozarks, a family and corporate retreat center and residential summer camp, sits on 5,000 acres of Missouri's Eastern Ozarks on beautiful Sunnen Lake. Together, YMCA Trout Lodge and YMCA Camp Lakewood are the YMCA of the Ozarks.
The YMCA of the Ozarks will put Christian principles into practice through the use of its programs, facilities and natural surroundings that strengthen family life, provide for positive value development, foster health and physical fitness through the teaching of outdoor skills, promote intercultural understanding, and educate for the stewardship of the earth and its resources.
The YMCA of the Ozarks is a branch of the YMCA Association of Greater St. Louis.
For more information about the YMCA of the Ozarks, please visit www.ymcaoftheozarks.org or call 1-888-FUN-YMCA.