- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)42
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)6
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- Law firm requests information about Cape's traffic cameras (04/25/16)2
- Local lawmakers split over failed medical marijuana bill; voters may have a say (04/26/16)19
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)23
- Tanker truck catches fire near Oak Ridge (04/24/16)7
- Local company makes eco-friendly kitty litter that cuts cat-box smell (04/25/16)
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
Signal loss leads to weekend Charter cable and Internet outage
Approximately 13,000 Charter Communications customers in and between Cape Girardeau and Sikeston were affected by disrupted cable television and Internet services Saturday.
The Sikeston Standard Democrat reported the outage happened just before 1 p.m. when most channels froze or went out completely while Internet services went out.
Neal Gilb, government relations manager for Charter, said the company experienced a signal loss at the interconnect between Fredericktown, Mo., and Cape Girardeau.