- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)46
- Neelys Landing man shot, killed by highway patrol trooper after traffic stop (05/01/16)32
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)40
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- 2016 All-Missourian Boys Basketball (04/29/16)
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- Law firm requests information about Cape's traffic cameras (04/25/16)3
- Local lawmakers split over failed medical marijuana bill; voters may have a say (04/26/16)19
Cards' Hawksworth is released from hospital
CHICAGO -- A CT scan on Cardinals reliever Blake Hawksworth was negative and he was to be released from the hospital a day after being hit in the face by a line drive.
Hawksworth was hospitalized overnight after being hit by a liner off the bat of Cubs' Sam Fuld in the fifth inning of Saturday's game.
He received about 20 stitches, but the scan of his head showed no structural damage and he was to be released Sunday.
Hawksworth had come in for starter Chris Carpenter and was facing his second batter when Fuld's liner knocked him to the ground.
He remained down for several minutes while trainers from both teams tended to him. He stood up with their help and walked off the field under his own power holding a compress to his head.