- Few Southeast students face suspension, expulsion for sexual assaults, campus paper finds (4/25/17)6
- Perryville family organizing bone-marrow drive Friday for ailing 6-year-old boy (4/26/17)
- Woman battered after smashing boyfriend's meth pipe against wall, police say (4/25/17)1
- Temptations bassist dies after Cape Girardeau show (4/26/17)2
- BBB warns Jackson man's online business might not be legit (4/24/17)
- Event includes the first public tour of 200-year-old Elmwood Manor (4/23/17)3
- State Supreme Court rules against congressman's mother in dog-kennel defamation case (4/27/17)1
- Strattman to step down as principal at St. Mary (4/28/17)1
- Cape couple turns their home into cozy, comfortable music venue (4/24/17)
- New ride-hailing law draws praise from carGo official (4/25/17)
Emerson's leadership is best
Tommy Sowers and his supporters consistently write this paper attacking Jo Ann Emerson and belittling our congressional district. They do it so often I'm wondering if Mr. Sowers has anything positive to say about southern Missouri at all. Last week, on national TV, Sowers went so far as to suggest some aspects of life in Iraq are better than what we enjoy here.
There's no doubt our local economy, like our nation's, is struggling, but since I moved here five years ago I've seen our infrastructure improve and our community continue to grow and develop.
As the Missourian reported, Emerson is crushing Sowers by 40 points. She's talking about the issues important to us: job-creation, keeping our taxes low, repealing the Obamacare Mr. Sowers supports, cutting spending and smaller government.
I'll take Emerson's leadership over Sowers dishonest attacks and belittling attitude any day. Apparently so will most in our district.
PATRICK RYAN VanGORKOM, 41 East Rodney Drive, Apt. 19, Cape Girardeau, MO 63701